Options

WGU MSITM - The Bass Drops on 01/01/16

13»

Comments

• Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Another one on the first attempt. MBT2 Task 3 is complete as of yesterday morning. 19 pages, 1 diagram, and a couple of pages of references double-spaced of course. Again, since the CMs have said this is a very research intensive course I'm sticking to the heavier-than-normal use of credible sources to support for my arguments.

Just need to get Task 1 cranked out by this weekend then I can start working on the Capstone. For the BSIT, I knew what I wanted to do early on and the Capstone was a breeze. I could do a repeat on the same topic, but that feels like it would be the easy way out. I have an idea on what to do at the moment, but it may be too ambitious since my C# skills aren't exactly top shelf.
  • Options
    It's a little behind schedule, but MBT2 (Technological Globalization) Task 1 is complete. That also wraps up the course.

Now, only the capstone remains.
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man
    Rooting for you to finish up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm gradually dragging myself to the finish line. LOL
  • Options
    GSXR750K2 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I'm gradually dragging myself to the finish line. LOL

We're almost there bud!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    dmoneyge3kdmoneyge3k Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job! I am rooting for you! I am slowly working on the degree as well. I am a little behind you and Dakinggamer87. I am working on Technical Writing and then Information Technology Management. I have a few cert’s I need to get so I am trying to finish this degree up soon. I am thinking about possibly doing the cybersecurity degree WGU offers as well since it piggybacks off of some of the courses in this degree. Any thoughts TE community?

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Advanced Networking Technology
    -Technical Writing

Remaining to graduate-
    -Information Technology Management
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2

Started: June/2016; Graduation Goal: May/2017
  • Options
    dmoneyge3k wrote: »
    Nice Job! I am rooting for you! I am slowly working on the degree as well. I am a little behind you and Dakinggamer87. I am working on Technical Writing and then Information Technology Management. I have a few cert’s I need to get so I am trying to finish this degree up soon. I am thinking about possibly doing the cybersecurity degree WGU offers as well since it piggybacks off of some of the courses in this degree. Any thoughts TE community?

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Technical Writing

Remaining to graduate-

Thanks! You've got my support as well. I really enjoyed Technical Writing and loved Advance Network Tech. IT Management wasn't bad at all, once I finally got around to it, so you should be able to hit your goal of May. My hold up now is a lack of ideas for a capstone topic. icon_neutral.gif

I've thought about the MSCIA as well, but I think after this program I'll be finished with school. To be honest, the new MSITM program is more appealing than the one we're in now, but I'm not planning on taking several steps back for it. :)
  • Options

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Technical Writing

Remaining to graduate-

I found IT Management to be not too bad once I reassessed my expectations. I started this course out by trying to use exact numbers in Task 1 with the VoIP quotes. However, I quickly realized they were looking for estimates not exact numbers. Once, I understood what they were looking for in the scenario it was pretty straightforward. I probably could have shaved off 2-3 weeks lol.. if I would have kept it simple instead of treating it as a real world business schematic.

I have considered school after graduating such as a PhD but the time and money isn't worth it to me. I'm ready to be done with school so I can travel more, work on some certs I put on hold, and do my missionary work. This is just me though and where I want to go moving forward. I still love IT but it's only a small part of what I enjoy. Other reason I don't want to go back is I'm debt free so I don't want more school loans...

If your goals align with cybersecurity and it makes finanical sense then go for it!! :)

Some food for thought consider two master's degrees and if it would make a bigger impact then having one to meet the HR requirements.

• Options
    I haven't been updated the thread over the past couple of courses, but as of about five minutes ago, I'm finished. The oral defense was pretty smooth, I rambled for about 41 minutes covering the details of the project, why we did what we did, how it worked, how we dealt with stakeholders, how it was applied elsewhere, etc.

It took a lot longer than necessary...if I cut out all of my procrastination months it could have been completed in less than a year.

I'll celebrate by going to work now. :)
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't been updated the thread over the past couple of courses, but as of about five minutes ago, I'm finished. The oral defense was pretty smooth, I rambled for about 41 minutes covering the details of the project, why we did what we did, how it worked, how we dealt with stakeholders, how it was applied elsewhere, etc.

It took a lot longer than necessary...if I cut out all of my procrastination months it could have been completed in less than a year.

I'll celebrate by going to work now. :)

Congratulations on your achievement man!
    I hope to join you sometime
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. It was a journey for sure.

Now I need to find something to do other than login to TaskStream. :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the club!! Congrats icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man.

I was accepted to WGU last week and have a start day of 8/1. If I haven't completed my OSCP by then (starts tonight) I may push it back.
  • Options
    dmoneyge3kdmoneyge3k Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man!!!!! That's awesome. Graduating is a huge accomplishment. I am finishing up my degree as we speak. Ugh so close haha!!! Hoping to join the club here soon.

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Advanced Networking Technology (Submitted waiting to be graded)

Remaining to graduate-

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2, MCT2

Started: June/2016; Graduation Goal: June/2017
  • Options
    Blucodex wrote: »
    Congrats man.

I was accepted to WGU last week and have a start day of 8/1. If I haven't completed my OSCP by then (starts tonight) I may push it back.

Thanks. Hope your OSCP goes well so you can start the program on time.
    Congrats Man!!!!! That's awesome. Graduating is a huge accomplishment. I am finishing up my degree as we speak. Ugh so close haha!!! Hoping to join the club here soon.

It is a huge accomplishment, but I'm glad it's over. Still lots of learning, but no more "school" thankfully. :) You'll knock it out quick...I procrastinated on MAT2 but was able to plow through the tasks over a couple of weeks at the end of my second term (actually completed the course on the last day of the term). The capstone isn't horrible, just a lot of typing.

You'll be in the club soon.
  • Options

Courses-

In Progress-
    -Advanced Networking Technology (Submitted waiting to be graded)

Remaining to graduate-

Complete- JIT2, LYT2, MBT2, FXT2, LZT2, TFT2, MCT2

Started: June/2016; Graduation Goal: June/2017

Your almost there!! Don't lose the fire icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    RMS.RandomRMS.Random Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for Section 3/3A and 4/4A? I can come up with short/long term disadvantages, but then I' having a hard time trying to justify a solution without seemingly going outside of the scenario.

I've literally done 2 versions of the paper both justifying proposal 1 or 2, lol... just stuck on 3 and 4.
  • Options
    KoloheBoyKoloheBoy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Happy Easter.

SJT2 (Advanced Networking) is complete, had to revise one little area and the 2nd submission passed.

From here on out, progress may be a little slower since it involves the business classes that I'm not as knowledgeable on, so I'll have to do some studying now. :)

Hi, I am a student a WGU too and just starting the SJT2 course, I need some help and looking around for it. Could you help me?
  • Options
    KoloheBoyKoloheBoy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently working on SJT2 as well. I just looked at it today. It's a little overwhelming. How long did it take you to complete the task? Did you just put all the sections in one document to submit?

Good luck to all those closing out the year strong @WGU!

Hello, I know it has been a while since you did SJT2. I just started SJT2 and needing some help. Could we connect?