Options

where do i start ?

mbxraymbxray Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need some help guys, where should I start ? What jobs should I apply for ? I am currently A+ certified and i am taking my N+ next saturday and i am currently in classes for the mscp for the 70-270 exam ?

Any help or advicewould be appreciated ?

Comments

• Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Can't ask us to map out your future without atleast a few hints towards the direction you want to go.

What interests you?
    What experience do you have?
    Do you work in the field already?

I am taking my MCSE 2k3 security...
    I am going in the direction of A+, Net+, 270,290,291,293,294,298,299 and sec+

If you want to work in large companies you will need to think about Cisco.. CCNA CCNP(?)
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    I have been in the healthcare business ofr the last nine years doing mri and cat scan. i am intereested in going into pacs administration or anything doing with security. i have an a.s. in radiography and a.a. in cis and i am trying to finish by b.s. in c.i.s. i am comptia a+ certified and i am taking the n+ next week.i am currently taking classes and studing for thet 70-270 ( xp ). i am going in the mcsp,mcsa,msce route along with ccna and s + in the near future. i am just trying to look for some part time work in it for hands on experience .
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The stickler is usually that you have to start at a job that stinks just to get the experience on the resume.

Don't let that discourage you though. A good amount of certifications can still get you in the door, and depending on how well you do in a technical interview, you may beat out someone that has more experience but no paper to prove it.

Try as hard as you can, and you're bound to land something good.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    thanks ,

for the advice.what jobs should i be looking at ? is desktop supprt or help desk worth it ?