Options

Should I Submit the Self Study Form Now or Wait?

willanderson1111willanderson1111 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just started studying for the CEH and I'm not sure when I'll be ready. Should I submit it now or wait till I'm ready to take the test?

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would wait until you are around 30 days or so from being ready, since it might take a week or two to finish the application process and verification. There is a time expiration on your approval and the EC-Council website states the policy.
  • Options
    willanderson1111willanderson1111 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will do. Thanks!
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They want you to put down that you self studied with their material. Otherwise, I'm not totally sure if they will approve the application. The best way to get approved is have them contact your supervisor if you have security experience.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    They don't ask what you self study with...I passed using the AIO. Part of the process is they send an email to your supervisor asking to verify your experience. I think in total the process took a week or two.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    They don't ask what you self study with...I passed using the AIO. Part of the process is they send an email to your supervisor asking to verify your experience. I think in total the process took a week or two.

There are two different paths, self-study, or have someone vouch for you, when I applied anyway, if i'm not mistaken.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    There are two different paths, self-study, or have someone vouch for you, when I applied anyway, if i'm not mistaken.
    The actual self study option, aka courseware option around $800...both require two years and an application with verified experience.

The iLearn or whatever and in person classes waive the experience requirement but start at like $1,700.