Options

cbt versus learnkey, etc...

kongming0gnkongming0gn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi guys,

im preparing for 70-270 and i've been using cbt nuggets training video among other review materials. can you give me an advice about Learnkey? they say it's interactive. how efficient is it compared to CBT?

and also, i got a transcender exam-sim. is it enough for exam review? is sybex books good enough? it's hard to find ms press books here in the Philippines, or otherwise, it costs a lot...

hope you can help me out, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have most of the learnkey materials for the 2k and 2k3 tracks.

I would say in conjunction with a good study book, they're OK. The video quality and tests are certainly good.

However, by themselves, I would say they only do a 75% job of getting you there. There are lots of good examples, and explanations given about how you might use it in the real world versus the "MS way", but you still need something to go on.

Hope that helps.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I have some CBT Nuggets and Learnkey videos (not for the same exams though), but I have been more impressed with the CBT, as I find the Learnkey stuff only gives you an overview while the CBT goes in to more detail.

Like all study resources, neither of them cover everything you need.
  • Options
    thanks guys about the info. i do get a lot from CBT. how about Sybex? i've browsed a lot of threads in this forums and people doesnt seem to be too happy about the book. so far Sybex is the most available stuff around here... thanks again. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    and another thing, can i survive 70-270 with just the Resource Kit online plus the transcender, and the training videos? i mean, without a formal book? any suggestions please?
  • Options
    jburnjburn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Some of the learn key videos are fine but I did not get much out of the one they did for this exam. It left out a lot and was quiet expensive, I was disappointed. I did also use the CBT nuggets and they gave much more detail and substance. I just got the trainsignal videos and so far I am impressed.