Options

Help: Configuring Router

2»

Comments

• Options
    alu408alu408 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    advanex1 wrote: »
    Okay, try the SSH without the "-l Aaron" this time and let me know what happens. I'm going to look up the error and grab some lunch, I'll be right back. It looks like the session is opening, so I'm not sure why it's aborting.

I been researching online as well and i couldnt find anything useful. What i did notice was that once i opened up putty and tried to use SSH i was connected. I just forgot my username and password. Which was weird because i created an easy one. But it seems like it works.
  • Options
    ebohlman wrote: »
    One thing to watch out for is an SSH version mismatch between devices; if you're trying to SSH from a device using Version 2 to a device using Version 1, for example, you'll get a refused connection.

So basically i was trying to SSH from a switch to the router. I know that the SSH is version 2, however the router how would i check? i tried using #router version but i dont see anything.
  • Options
    ebohlman wrote: »
    One thing to watch out for is an SSH version mismatch between devices; if you're trying to SSH from a device using Version 2 to a device using Version 1, for example, you'll get a refused connection.

#show ip ssh. Router is version 2 as well as my switch which is version 2. Any other thoughts? Thanks!