Options

Retake

Not sure if this is a regional promotion or what. But, where I go to school in Massachusetts, there is a promotion on all microsoft tests right now. If you register for the exam by June 30th and you fail, you get a second try for free. Might be something worth looking into! :D
BS - Computer Science
MS - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• Options
    vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, that's true I just registered to test next week and I had to give them the code over the phone. If you try to schedule a test with over the internet their is no where to put the Second Shot Exam Code.
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • Options
    indubasuindubasu Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am afraid thats not true. If u register thru the VUE website there is a separate box where u can put the promo code (just like u put the voucher code) that u get when u register at the Microsoft website. Once this promo code is registered, it says 'free 2nd shot'...
  • Options
    vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "indubasu"
    Thank you for clearing that up.

I was going by what the VUE person told me on the phone when I made the test appointment.
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    There always seems to be confusion on these 2nd-shot promotions. Evidently VUE has their own ideas, but this is what M$ learning site has to say,
    Q. How do I schedule my free second shot exam?

A. Contact the exam delivery provider's central registration system at http://www.vue.com/contact/ms/ for Pearson VUE or http://www.prometric.com/ContactUs/default.htm for Thomson Prometric to schedule your free retake. If you fail the exam, you should wait at least one business day before you call to schedule your free retake. The call center representative will validate your eligibility to get a free retake. When you call the call center, state that you are taking part in the second shot campaign and have your second shot promotion code ready.
    This is located at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndchance/details/

I guess the call center, either way, has a way of validating your 2nd-shot registration as long as you have registered for the promo code before taking the initial exam.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    I have to go with vwtech on this one. When I schedule for the xp exam, I was stuck at the webpage of Vue site to put in your 2nd chance code and your voucher code, you could not put in both; it is either/or. I had to call Vue call center and was informed that I should just put in the voucher code, take the test, and then call them back again with the 2nd code to re-take the test. Quite different from what MS inform us to do.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    namanama Member Posts: 187
    zenboy wrote:
    I have to go with vwtech on this one. When I schedule for the xp exam, I was stuck at the webpage of Vue site to put in your 2nd chance code and your voucher code, you could not put in both; it is either/or. I had to call Vue call center and was informed that I should just put in the voucher code, take the test, and then call them back again with the 2nd code to re-take the test. Quite different from what MS inform us to do.
    any idea what about prometric?
    coz I faced the same problem when I was on the prometric'c webpage. Though I have not booked for the exam yet.
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    sorry, I have never taken prometric voucher before. You might have to call them about this. I have heard many bad experiences from people regarding this prometric voucher; just my cautious nature to play it safe. Perhaps, anyone with experience with this voucher would lend some experience?
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki