Options

Just Got a Fail - CCNA

COGCOG Inactive Imported Users Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just took the ccna exam and I did not make it with a score of 700. I failed not because the questions were too difficult, but because of inadequate preparation, though I thought I had prepared okay.

I used Todd Lammle's ccna book(a nice book but did not treat vlans in detail), routersim NV 5 and certsim.

The VLAN portion of the exam took a lot of my time since I did not study it in detail.

Please can someone who has taken the exam direct me to resources (books incusives) that I can use, since I want to retake it soon.

I would really appreciate samples of simlets and simulations.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    simlets and simulations on vlans will be most appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    COG, you don't need any simlets and simulations.
    Try to find some labs on the net and set these up.

Remember to study your STP - and become familiar with show commands for your next attempt.
    You'll pass next time!
    -network analyst
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    get a cisco press book to complete the gaps from the sybex book, also make use of cisco's prep center at their website
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used this when I got mine last fall and it is absolutely great if you need labs. It was very helpful, but the price has gone up since I last checked. Definetly worth checking out though

http://thebryantadvantage.com/UltimateCCNAStudyPackage.html
  • Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    http://thebryantadvantage.com/UltimateCCNAStudyPackage.html

You aren't kidding it went up. I got it last summer for $19.99.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement and advice. I sure need it. Please does anyone have links to online labs?

Anyone taking this exam has to be on top of it. I had like 10 more questions to go and had just come out of one sim.

Thanks.
  • Options
    CertsPlzCertsPlz Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    COG wrote:
    Hi All,

I just took the ccna exam and I did not make it with a score of 700. I failed not because the questions were too difficult, but because of inadequate preparation, though I thought I had prepared okay.

I used Todd Lammle's ccna book(a nice book but did not treat vlans in detail), routersim NV 5 and certsim.

The VLAN portion of the exam took a lot of my time since I did not study it in detail.

Please can someone who has taken the exam direct me to resources (books incusives) that I can use, since I want to retake it soon.

I would really appreciate samples of simlets and simulations.

Thanks.

funny those are the resources i used and i didnt have any knowledge about cisco stuff and it worked for me u jus need to study harder and make sure u understand bcuz in my honest opnion the exam is not hard, i dont understand why ppl say it is and it was a big surprise when i did it to see it was so easy

good luck next time
    formerly badboyziggy
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    COG wrote:
    Sorry icon_sad.gif -- but you seem to understand what you need to do to pass next time. icon_study.gif

But still not bad if this was your first certification exam and your first Cisco exam. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!