Options

Passed Sec+!

JonathonJonathon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
My first ever cert. Used CBT Nuggets, the Darril Gibson book everyone here seemed to love (and it is pretty great), transcender practice exams, and the GCGA premium which is a set of companion study materials for the Darril Gibson book.

Woke up sick on exam day but managed to squeak out a 780.

I was lucky in that my employer covered costs, but if you're not so lucky, I highly recommend the Darril Gibson and GCGA combo. That really is pretty much all you need to pass. Having additional resources like a video course helps for sure, but all the actual info you need is in the Darril Gibson resources.

I don't post much, but thanks to the community posts I was able to select a good book, never would have passed without it, so thank you guys.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! What cert is next?

Blessings on your journey icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks! 70-687 is next, second attempt at getting mcsa. When I tried this a year ago I was just too noob, but now I'm ready.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!!! icon_wink.gif

How long did you study for this exam?
  • Options
    @=Brain-D

2 months, for about 2 hours every day.
  • Options
    triadmatttriadmatt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Good luck on MCSA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    crplhoodcrplhood Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesoem, Congrats!
    CCNA R&S[X] CCENT[X] Sec+[X] A+[X] VMware Airwatch Associate[X] Steve's Blog Steve's Linkedin