Options

CHFI Passed!! A few thoughts...

JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the CHFI exam yesterday via ProctorU and passed with an 84%. I was hoping for a higher score but a pass is a pass. I recently asked in another thread if anyone thought it was possible to go after the CHFI before the CEH and I am happy to report that it is absolutely possible.

As far as study material goes I am currently enrolled in WGU's MSISA program so I received all the EC-Council material as well as a Ucertify eBook and practice quizzes. I honestly found the material that WGU provided to be more helpful than the videos and books from EC-Council. It felt that EC-Council was really pushing knowing every single possible program that you will use in an investigation.

I am taking a week or two off before I start work on the CEH so I think I'll work on some Linux stuff. No real reason just want to learn it.
B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
Working on CISSP

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    ablindseyablindsey Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats - go get that CEH and be done with EC Council! :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    colemic wrote: »
    Congrats - go get that CEH and be done with EC Council! :)

That's the plan!!
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    HillBillyHillBilly Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm queued up to take the exam later this week by I'm finding some of the UCertify stuff a few yards past left field and completely irrelevant. Was that your experience on the actual exam?
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HillBilly wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm queued up to take the exam later this week by I'm finding some of the UCertify stuff a few yards past left field and completely irrelevant. Was that your experience on the actual exam?

I did not do any of the UCertify stuff, but yes the exam has stuff on it that is way out of left field.
    ***I did my exam in march so my experience may not be relevant.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JohnL,
    Congrats on the pass!!!

So the UCertify material was better than the EC Council material?
  • Options
    Honestly, I felt that the UCertify was more beneficial to me passing the exam than the EC Council material. The EC Council textbooks really harped on all of the tools that you would use in an investigation. I found myself just skimming those sections and the exam barely covered any of those tools. The UCertify material did mention the tools but that wasn't a major focus. The Ucertify material was more to the point. I would like to say that the EC Council material did have a lot of great information though but just too much padding.
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□