Sec+ completed

thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Went into the test center with the confidence of 1000 Fonzies, left pretty surprised I passed lol.

Passed with a 773/900. Used pretty much all of Gibson's materials and the test was still pretty difficult. CompTIA really knows how to be ambiguous with their question wording and answer choices. If I had to do it all over again I'd definitely utilize more sources of study material.

As well put together as Gibson's and Messer's material is, it's too straight forward than the actual test itself is.

Not sure where to go from here, maybe CCNA:Datacenter or CCNA:Collabo, or maybe CASP.

Good luck to you all. Study hard. icon_study.gif
Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!!! How long did you study for this exam?
  • crplhoodcrplhood Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, Congrats!
    CCNA R&S[X] CCENT[X] Sec+[X] A+[X] VMware Airwatch Associate[X] Steve's Blog Steve's Linkedin
  • thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Brain-D wrote: »
    Congrats!!! How long did you study for this exam?

Took me about a month and a half but I took around 1.5 weeks off from studies.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! Gibson's book is a great resource. I have recommended this book to quite a few people (co-workers, students)
  • mikeITmanmikeITman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, i am currently studying for the security+, read al the chapters in david l prowse authorized cert guide. now going through over everything again and watching messer videos. May buy the messer notes aswell looks good for $10
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Grats! The gibson book and tests/simulations were a great resource for the Sec+! Really good!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□