Options

Udemy for exam prep

metalone4metalone4 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Over the last few months I've enrolled in quite a few courses on Udemy. Everything from Microsoft, Cisco, Ethical Hacking, and ITIL courses. They seem great, especially the ones form Lazario Diaz. Has anyone else used them as an alternative to sitting in instructor led classrooms? Are they effective for helping pass certification exams?

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I bought several as well. I am using a couple for the CISSP certification. Like everything else, its just another source of information and you should use it along with other materials such as text/pdf books, labbing, and CBT.

I would not use just one source for my exams.

I have heard good things about several of the udemy courses. For the price, I think it is worth it, but it all depends on the course and you will need to do a little research regarding reviews etc. For instance I got a pentesting course for $10 but the author's english was a little hard to understand. Not a deal breaker and I can still make out what the author was trying to do, so for $10 overall it wasn't bad. But I think sometimes people take these courses as if they were 2 thousand dollar courses and expect such quality.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    I have several of Laz Diaz's courses for CCNA and routing and switching, and I like his teaching style. Once you have a Udemy account, every month or so they have sales and you can buy courses for $10 or $15. That's how I got all mine. His CCNA Wireless course taught me things the CCNA R&S did not about switching.

However, I would not rely on the Udemy courses only. Seek other training materials as well for improved learning.