Options

Quick Question about CLI in CCNA Exam

philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
Got a buddy who is taking the exam, I took mine years ago. He asked me if you are able to use partial commands in the exam or do you need to type out the full command. I don't remember, so any help would be appreciated. Also are you able to use command help?

Thanks,

-Phil

Comments

• Options
    pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    asked this question my lecturers twice-two different responses,one told that it varies from year to year as using tab or ? ,next one said theres a chance that while you can use them,there is possibility to get points taken away,since no one really knows what way cisco exams are graded.

Thus while not being much of help,i guess theres possibility that some points could drop just because of using it depending maybe on difficulty,as will be worried myself,since commands like ACls have a lot of variables to them and can be complex,thus getting line in order could consume a lot of time if not knowing it straight,or any other protocols.So would be interested to hear from someone who would done it recently,if theres any repercussions for using or even being able to.

read your post again,about main issue with partial commands,well the way cisco trains seems safe bet would be to use full commands.
    since as pointed ppl that i asked where clueless,since say saving whole running-config startup-config can be used just with wr,when doing labs to get same result.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    i don't remember about the "?" command.

But i definitely used the 'Tab' key to Success :]
  • Options
    pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    Context-Sensitive Help-enables to quickly find commands using (?) and arguments keywords are available to particluar command

Command Syntax Check-verifies if valid command was entered,interpreter evaluates if its valid command left to right if ok its executed
    [FONT=&quot]if not returns appropriate promt and provide feedback what is wrong with command.

id imagine tab would be of the sensitive help,or not
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Losing points for using ? sounds like a silly rumor. In fact I used ? in ICND2 and scored a 1000. As far as typing out the full command, I don't remember but I think I always use the shortened alternatives. One other thing--be careful what you enter the first time on configuration problems because you can't always delete it with "no". I had this problem on my SWITCH exam and lost tons of points.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    I used help questions on the exam and I had a good score. I doubt I lost points for that.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also used ? along with 'sh' 'run', etc. in the ICND2 and scored 1000, after barely failing the first time.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)