Options

CISM Pass rate And % of correct answer

Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know what is the CISM pass rate is?

Also what is the correct % of questions required to pass the exam?

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No one knows its a mystery . Study the manual and DB, Aim for 80% minimum on the database questions and you will be fine. Good Luck
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    Some interesting info about how many people have the various certifications can be found here:
    ISACA Certifications by Region

It seems to be pretty exclusive with only 27,000 people currently having the certification. Your guess is as good as mine as to the pass rate. I don't know if we're talking about 100,000 attempts at passing or 28,000. How many people have let their certification expire? How many passed and didn't finish the application (for whatever reason)?
  • Options
    sbilalsbilal Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No one knows its a mystery . Study the manual and DB, Aim for 80% minimum on the database questions and you will be fine. Good Luck

No DusterVoice , I will totally disagree with the DB question 80% and one will do best in exam. I was getting 85% in the last week of my exam and when I sat in the exam , no single question was close to the DB questions. It all what u read and understand the concepts from the CISM RM. U need to also have some real world exp.

DB questions are waste of time.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Tomorrow we'll know who was right :)

In fairness to dustervoice, the do questions are a reflection of the concepts we must know in order to be able to apply them to the situation presented with in the questions. I hope that he's right though as I was scoring higher than that in the do questions... But left deflated after the exam much like others.

Tomorrow we'll have a clearer understanding of how good/bad it really was at testing our knowledge of concepts in the review manual.

No point worrying about it now if you've already taken it, but take heed if you are yet to :)
  • Options
    sbilal wrote: »
    No DusterVoice , I will totally disagree with the DB question 80% and one will do best in exam. I was getting 85% in the last week of my exam and when I sat in the exam , no single question was close to the DB questions. It all what u read and understand the concepts from the CISM RM. U need to also have some real world exp.

DB questions are waste of time.

Hold on are you saying ISACA changed the format of the CISM? When I took the it last year the test was basically a rewording of the database. The challenge of Isaca's exams is not the content but the wording of the questions. were you getting 85% because you memorized the questions or because you understood the concepts?
  • Options
    razorbackzrazorbackz Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the earlier post about doing good on the db and then taking a test that's totally different is correct. you have to understand the way the questions are written, how changing a few words totally changes the answer. i believe if you get too tight and constantly want to answer with a technical answer you will fail. looking for the most vague and encompassing answer is best. Initiate incident response (correct), disconnect server, call fbi, notify help desk (likely all wrong). verify before starting triage, notify before starting triage etc.
  • Options
    The point of the Database is to get you familiar with tone and style of questions that will be asked on the real test. It isn't meant to be a memorization exercise. If you are scoring 90% on the DB because you've seen the questions before then you are missing the point that's not a good indication that you will do well on the test. I've taken two Isaca exams so far and while the questions on the real test is obviously different the tone is exactly the same. I think lots of people purchase the DB from Isaca and expect to see the same questions on the test like they purchased some kind of "official ****".