Options

Installing a network printer on windows millennium help!

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have 2 network printers to install on windows millenium but I am not familiar with this operating system.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't touch that computer with a 10 foot pole. Honestly Windows ME is a terrible OS (and no longer supported). I would tell them that the computer needs to be able to at least run Windows 7.

I'm not sure if that helps or not but when I saw Windows Millennium in the thread title I had bad thoughts appear in my head.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    sthomas wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch that computer with a 10 foot pole. Honestly Windows ME is a terrible OS (and no longer supported). I would tell them that the computer needs to be able to at least run Windows 7.

I'm not sure if that helps or not but when I saw Windows Millennium in the thread title I had bad thoughts appear in my head.

I wish I could but we need those machines to run specific lab instruments on icon_sad.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm surprised a ME machine still exist. I had nothing but constant problems with that OS.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Connecting printers in Windows 95, 98, or ME

Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    Open the Control Panel
    Double-click Printers
    Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    Click Next to start the Add a printer wizard.
    Select Network Printer and click Next.
    Type the network path for the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If the computer does not have the drivers for the printer, you need to install the drivers either from a drivers disc or from a download on the Internet. If you no longer have the software or drivers for your printer, you can locate the drivers for your printer through our printer drivers section.

I hope this helps it's been a long time since I touched a Win 95/98/ME OS. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Couldn't help myself, GO STILLERS!!

Let me google that for you
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have to run an ancient Windows OS such as Millennium the better option would be Windows 98 2nd Edition, does all the same things as Millennium minus system restore and it's much much more stable.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Ugh, ME. I had to fight tooth and nail trying to get printers to install when I had it on my desktop. I understand about lab equipment though (I used to support a lab). So...try installing XP drivers, sometimes that worked for me.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try legacy drivers from Windows NT or Windows 2000 if there are no ME drivers found for that specific printer. I haven't seen or touched a computer running Windows ME since 2002.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None