Options

WGU C173 - Scripting and Programming - Foundations

2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
the Udacity material sucks. for you people who took this class. what resources did you use to study? what should i focus on more? how was the pre assessment and the assessment like? what kind of questions did they ask? i have to finish this class before feb ends!

Comments

• Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    I have heard great things about code academy. Foundations is Python, right?

Also, I totally agree with you about Udacity. The WGU program for Java is on Udacity did NOT work for me at all. I gave up on the videos after one sitting.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My Wife can tell you about 3 or 4 different times I went on a rant during that course.. It was so annoying. Pluralsight, and had some python books from amazon before this class that I focused on...
  • Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i emailed the CM and when they replied, they ignored the part where i said udacity videos suck. everyone i spoke with hates their python videos! anyways i am using codeacademy (amazing). for you who took this class. how was the exam? what kind of questions did they ask? did they allow you to use python?
  • Options
    plopbangcrashplopbangcrash Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Udacity sucks , code academy is great and is more than enough to pass the exam with, I stopped watching the videos at by the 2nd or 3rd module. The test I had was mainly terminology and worded questions with about 1/3 being actual code examples that you have to pick the correct code or choose what the output would be(more about whether the right method was used and logic was sound as opposed to trying to trip you up on syntax minutiae).
  • Options
    rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This class material is horrible. I just can't stand the videos and the tests are just a soup sandwich. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The test is really just a bunch of terminology and some code that they ask what is the value returned. Just take the PA and see where you are at.