Options

RHCA timeframe

124»

Comments

• Options
    BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with you but I'm just pissed because they didnt say this from the begining.. I'm glad about the free course but they agreed on the RH course for about 3 months and switched in 2 days, this is what pisses me off. My manager knew about this and didnt say anything about this. I have other obligations and as you know the day has only 24h. In the meantime I'm also taking a python course and I cannot switch the learning schedule everytime they feel like it. If they knew they should have told me, this is my only complain.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Bodanel wrote: »
    I know what was not working, dont know why.

Was it the kerberized NFS objective?
  • Options
    Yes, that's the one.
  • Options
    Yes, that's the one.

I guess that's a common item on that exam that people miss. I came across a lot of comments on Certdepot about that objective not working for them. Sander Van Vugt commented down at the bottom of the page about what the issue is, if you're interested:

https://www.certdepot.net/rhel7-use-kerberos-control-access-nfs-network-shares/
  • Options
    I've seen that before the exam, tried both ways, didnt worked. Probably I missed something but I didnt care since I took it and in production I know how to solve this issue.
  • Options
    I've got my puppet practitioner training scheduled for 10 January (had another scheduled next week but the class was canceled). However I've been trying for a week to get a response from Red Hat if their course and exam for puppet uses Puppet 3 or Puppet 4. No response. For real, you are trying to give someone money and they dont want to. This is starting to piss me off.
  • Options
    SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    For real, you are trying to give someone money and they don't want to. This is starting to piss me off.
    t

In fact, it makes no sense.
  • Options
    I've just got back from the EX405 exam. I passed. Score ~250

It's a bit late after my schedule but 3 of our colleagues left the company in the last 3 month and the workload was like crazy, lots of overtime which got in the way of my studying.

I took the exam on a Koala laptop from Innovative exam and I got disconnected when I was about 60%-70% done. Session reconnected after about 15-20 minutes and the proctor extended my exam with 15 minutes. He should have given me 20, 5 minutes as a courtesy for disconnect. If you are in the middle of something and you get interrupted it takes a while to check your work and start from where you left off. If I would haved 5 more minutes I could have solved 2 issues I knew about,, anyway doesn't matter
    None of my work was lost during this disconect.

The proctor scarred me half way trough the exam with a security check (having 1080p webcams on you kind makes this check useless ). I was very focused and out a nowhere a pop up appears.
    Although the laptop is a 17" i still feel is too small for the exam. These days most of us use 2 or 3 monitors, at least 19" and having a 17" screen which is divided between exam objectives and the shells you have opened is not very good.

For the first time I had trouble understanding what the requirement were for 2 exercises. I don't know who wrote them but I think they need to be rephrased. I will contact RH and let them know.
    If you have any questions please ask.
  • Options
    I've just got back from the EX405 exam. I passed. Score ~250

It's a bit late after my schedule but 3 of our colleagues left the company in the last 3 month and the workload was like crazy, lots of overtime which got in the way of my studying.

I took the exam on a Koala laptop from Innovative exam and I got disconnected when I was about 60%-70% done. Session reconnected after about 15-20 minutes and the proctor extended my exam with 15 minutes. He should have given me 20, 5 minutes as a courtesy for disconnect. If you are in the middle of something and you get interrupted it takes a while to check your work and start from where you left off. If I would haved 5 more minutes I could have solved 2 issues I knew about,, anyway doesn't matter
    None of my work was lost during this disconect.

The proctor scarred me half way trough the exam with a security check (having 1080p webcams on you kind makes this check useless ). I was very focused and out a nowhere a pop up appears.
    Although the laptop is a 17" i still feel is too small for the exam. These days most of us use 2 or 3 monitors, at least 19" and having a 17" screen which is divided between exam objectives and the shells you have opened is not very good.

For the first time I had trouble understanding what the requirement were for 2 exercises. I don't know who wrote them but I think they need to be rephrased. I will contact RH and let them know.
    If you have any questions please ask.

Congrats on passing. Red Hat really needs to have Innovative Exams step up their game; the exams always have an issue which results in needing time extended and I agree the monitors are never big enough. What version of Puppet did it exam end up requiring?
  • Options
    Puppet 3.6. Someone from RH UK answered to me at the end of February. If we eliminate the small monitor and the disconnect issue the experience was ok. Next on the list is RHCSA OpenStack, this I want to finish by June. We've had 2 new colleagues get in last week so I should be back on track by then.
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

Update on my RHCA track
    I've done Ansible certification last week and got 285.
    My preparation was mostly done in the Ansible course which was paid my company. In fact, my manager anounced us on friday afternoon that from Monday we are going to Ansible course to the RH partener here.
    In my opinion you cannot pass the exam after the course if you dont have experience with Ansible. My wife has beenn very understanding and left me 2 days only to practice because we postponed the exam since we were not sure that we've managed to do it on friday after the course.
    The course is very good but if I compare Puppet with Ansible I think some things are easier to do with Ansible but it's much harder to debug ANsible than Puppet.
    The exam seemed much easier than the Puppet one, it could be due to the fact that I've done the course in the week before.
    We were 5 in the class, 3 passes and 2 failures on the exam. But I feel the pass percentage should be 50% because one of our colleagues had previous expertise with Ansible.

I have the ex436 clustering scheduled later this month for which I feel prepared, just need to review a few things because the company didnt pay for this so I needed to learn on my on.
  • Options
    duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation for pass Ansible exam.
    Sander Van Vugt have course for EX436:
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/linux-high-availability/9780134836089/
  • Options
    Hi everyone

yesterday I've taken EX436. Exam was pretty easy, finished in half of the required time. I'm still waiting on the results but I'm hopping for 300/300.

There is one thing that bothers me, why there is such difference in reporting the results for different exams. For EX405 i got the results in about 2h, for EX200 and EX300 about 1 day for EX407 about 2,5 days. Does anyone has any ideea ?

My wife in in team building with her company and I'm sitting alone at home and I cannot focus on anything. I was waiting for the results but deciced to do this intermezzo because I kind of jumpy (if I used the expression correctly).

Later edit:

I just got my results 300/300
  • Options
    Last update to this thread. I became RHCA last week.
  • Options
    ky13ky13 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    k4pplak4ppla Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□