Options

What should I study for A+ OS?

howareuhowareu Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i recently passed the A+ core with a 650 last week and I would like to know whats the majority type of questions on the OS test? What type of practice test exam is similar to the actual test?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Look at CompTIA's objectives for a better idea of the material you will need to know.

Review the TechNotes on this site.

What sort of practical experience do you have at this point?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    howareuhowareu Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well i have been working with computers for about 4 years or so now, normally i troubleshoot and fix friends/familys's computers.
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    If I were you, I'd study the differences in the Win9x and 2000/XP systems. The boot files and the order in which they are used. Know the difference between winipcfg and ipconfig. Know 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, NT 4.0..all of those. Troubleshooting methods, RAID, backups, ways of fixing an unbootable system. Basically, a little bit of everything.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.