Options

uCertify No Longer Authorized - WGU Uses Them

goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
I was looking at EC-Council's website the other day, trying to figure out why the hell they decided to suddenly charge $80 a year now as "maintenance" for your certification (what the hell are they maintaining, exactly?) and I discovered that uCertify is now an "Unauthorized Training Channel". Link: Warning - Unauthorized Training | EC-Council

WGU uses uCertify a great deal for the CEH and CHFI exams in the MSISA program. They use the official books as well, but I'm wondering if the uCertify stuff is going to taint the student's ability to take the exam. Don't they ask who you got your training from when you try to take the exam?

Has anybody dealt with this?

--
WGU - MSISA - Done!!
Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I haven't taken a EC-Council exam in a couple years but I don't remember them hassling me at all on what I used to study. Basically WGU gets you the voucher on the backend and you just book the exam. After you pass, you send in the usual paperwork to get certified. I think by virtue of going to WGU, you get to skip a lot of the administrative BS.

I didn't even use the uCertify stuff anyways. I just used the AIO books and any videos I could find.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. How did you get past the "You have to pass the practice exams with a 90% before you refer for the exam" requirement? Or did WGU not have that then? The only practice exams for the CHFI course are in uCertify now.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yeah, it was still there. They're pretty easy.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Cool, I'll just go through the books, then, and take the practice. I'm digging all the talk about needing floppies in your toolkit and lots of DOS tools. :D
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!