Options

1st Technology Job coming from Manufacturing

rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Guys, I have been offered a position at a Large tech company in the Bay Area. I was recently doing manufacturing(production assembler) now moving into technology. I am very nervous because I've never worked for an environment like this. Has anyone had experience with this job title?

icon_study.gif

Content Review Analyst
Role: You should have an interest in protecting and improving user experience of consumer products and services. You should be willing to develop a critical understanding of the abuse and policy issues and be comfortable reviewing large volume of apps to help us keep our store policy complaint.Responsibilities:
  • Perform a wide variety of application policy reviews
  • Take action on violating apps
  • Master policy knowledge to ensure high quality app reviews
Requirements:
  • Previous experience of quality reviews is desirable
  • Familiarity with navigating, searching and downloading Apps from client App Store on the computer
  • Experience using or supporting Android or iOS-based apps
  • Solid knowledge of various online research tools.
  • Technologically capable –strong computer applications skills, especially web browsers, and data entry skills (able to run virus and spyware scans)
  • Critical thinking and problem solving skills – able to make judgments in ambiguous cases
  • Quick learn with computer-based skills (computer-savvy)
  • Positive attitude about doing routine operations (no bad attitudes)
  • Knowledge and/or experience in Internet, web-research, fraud investigation, risk management, advertising and/or e-commerce is a plus.
  • Passion for improving the user experience of Client Application
  • Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly-changing environment and process changes
  • Must be able to work shifts.
WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sound like Quality Assurance type of role.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds like you'll be working for Apple or Google (or one of their outsourced companies) as a "bouncer" reviewing apps to make sure they're well put together and stuff? I have no experience with that job title other than it sounds like you'll get to play a lot of games all day.
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input guy! Can anyone tell me what kind of higher level jobs would relate to this type of work? Is it better to look for more technical jobs or is this an ideal first IT Job?
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA