Options

Confirmation for CISA/CISM application

robschrobsch Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Did any of you received the confirmation from ISACA regarding CISA/CISM application?

Comments

• Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    No, I haven't. I sent mine in on Friday at 2:25 PM Central Time.

Edit: CISM Application
  • Options
    @andhow Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    KTurneyKTurney Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received my 'You're confirmed, please wait for the time and place' email. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    KTurney wrote: »
    I received my 'You're confirmed, please wait for the time and place' email. Hope that helps.

I think this thread is for people that have booked, taken and passed CISM and are now going through the endorsement (application) process having received their passing score on the 15th Jan.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    KTurney wrote: »

Good luck for your test later this year!
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, I did not. Emailed mine on Sunday night Central Time. Guess they are overwhelmed by submissions from TE readers after reading my post. My fault. :)
  • Options
    danilogtidanilogti Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've sent the CISA application form by email on Tuesday, and I haven't received any confirmation. The status on "my certifications" page doesn't changed. Is normal?
  • Options
    spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    danilogti wrote: »
    I've sent the CISA application form by email on Tuesday, and I haven't received any confirmation. The status on "my certifications" page doesn't changed. Is normal?
    I'm on the same boat. Submitted on Monday and no confirmation received yet and no change on "my certifications"
  • Options
    Anyone received their confirmation email to date?
    When did you applied and when you got the confirmation email?
  • Options
    klefoklefo Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've sent mine on Monday.. still waiting
  • Options
    Seems to be a common issue.
    This was also mentioned in the ISACA discussion forum. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    torrentetorrente Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For your information I sent it 30 minutes after receiving the official results and I just received it:
    Dear Sr. XXXXXXXXX, CISA,CGEIT,CRISC:

We recently received your application for the CISM certification. By passing the exam and applying for certification, you have taken a significant step in distinguishing yourself from other professionals.

The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 8 weeks) will depend on whether or not we have received all of your documentation (verification form(s), transcripts, etc). Should any additional information be required, you will receive a separate e-mail outlining the missing information.

Note that there is a required USD $50 processing fee for applying for certification. If you have not already done so, payment for the CISM application processing fee can be made online atwww.isaca.org/cismpay. Your application cannot be fully processed until the processing fee is paid.

Thank you for your interest in ISACA’s Certification program.

Sincerely,
    ISACA
    Certification Department
  • Options
    danilogtidanilogti Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, Today the status has changed to "unreviewed".
  • Options
    upnorth77upnorth77 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my confirmation, I sent the application in on Monday.
  • Options
    nrgskillnrgskill Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Submitted my application 20th Jan, still not received confirmation, sent two follow-up emails without receiving replies.
    Bought CISM book without receiving confirmation, sent a follow-up without receiving reply, just an email from the courier few days later.
    Honestly I don't know what's wrong with ISACA, having to wait 5 (or more) months to get certified after passing the exam it's not what you can expect in 2016. Consider we PAY them, even multiple time if we hold multiple certifications...
    Maybe they need some good auditor to audit their processes :)
  • Options
    @nrgskill, It would be better to send your application using the email address that is registered with ISACA. You may receive the initial confirmation email in the same day or, depending on a number of circumstances, it may take about a week.

Anyhow, the application review and certification process is going to take around six weeks. (8 weeks max). It's unlikely to take 5 months if your application is complete.
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    nrgskill wrote: »
    Submitted my application 20th Jan, still not received confirmation, sent two follow-up emails without receiving replies.
    Bought CISM book without receiving confirmation, sent a follow-up without receiving reply, just an email from the courier few days later.
    Honestly I don't know what's wrong with ISACA, having to wait 5 (or more) months to get certified after passing the exam it's not what you can expect in 2016. Consider we PAY them, even multiple time if we hold multiple certifications...
    Maybe they need some good auditor to audit their processes :)

It took about 5 days for me from application submission to receiving confirmation.

I'm not sure where the 5 or more months after passing comes from. On average, it has been reported that it is about 10-12 weeks. And, there are plenty of other certifications/licenses that do take a bit of time. They are pretty clear about it ahead of time if you read their materials. If you think CISA or CISM is bad, check out something like the CPA.

I think it is the auditing mentality. Speed isn't key. Accuracy is.
  • Options
    Submitted my application 18th Jan, Still waiting..
  • Options
    justinheadleyjustinheadley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted mine on the morning of Jan 21st, but haven't received any type of confirmation yet. I find myself constantly check the "my certifications" tab on the ISACA website. This waiting process may be just as tedious as waiting on test results.
  • Options
    I submitted mine on the morning of Jan 21st, but haven't received any type of confirmation yet. I find myself constantly check the "my certifications" tab on the ISACA website. This waiting process may be just as tedious as waiting on test results.

You will likely get an e-mail before it shows up in the web-portal. That's was my situation.
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    TankerT wrote: »
    You will likely get an e-mail before it shows up in the web-portal. That's was my situation.

My status just changed to "Unreviewed" and I still haven't gotten the confirmation email.

Also, I sent in my application 40 minutes after my exam results were released.
  • Options
    Mike7 wrote: »
    No, I did not. Emailed mine on Sunday night Central Time. Guess they are overwhelmed by submissions from TE readers after reading my post. My fault. :)

18th Jan: submitted endorsement application by email
    29th Jan: received "application received" confirmation email

The wait continues.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What is the recommended way to send application. I emailed mine. Waiting for confirmation.
    I do see we have the option to fax and postal mail as well.
  • Options
    Nabsh07 wrote: »
    What is the recommended way to send application. I emailed mine. Waiting for confirmation.
    I do see we have the option to fax and postal mail as well.

I emailed mine. I received a confirmation email a week later.
  • Options
    tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I submitted by application on 22nd Jan and I estimated that they'd confirm on receiving my application on 29th Jan; I was wrong. Lol, looks like it'll be at least 8 weeks before I can lay my hands on the certificate. icon_lol.gif

Anyone submitted their application around the same time and have yet to receive confirmation as well?
  • Options
    tedchantedchan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tuabuikia wrote: »
    I submitted by application on 22nd Jan and I estimated that they'd confirm on receiving my application on 29th Jan; I was wrong. Lol, looks like it'll be at least 8 weeks before I can lay my hands on the certificate. icon_lol.gif

Anyone submitted their application around the same time and have yet to receive confirmation as well?

I email my application at the same day 22Jan , no confirmation or status changes yet.
  • Options
    justinheadleyjustinheadley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tuabuikia wrote: »

Same here, submitted on Jan 21 and nothing through email or online yet
  • Options
    Got my confirmation email today
  • Options
    lbmetroguylbmetroguy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted my application and payment on the day of the results,1/15/16 and received my confirmation on 1/22/16.
  • Options
    hasdouhasdou Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Submitted on 26/01.
    Still no confirmation...