Options

Confirmation for CISA/CISM application

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats @AndyK100.
    Just received my CISA confirmation as well! Guess they do the endorsement in batches.

Timeline
    15th Jan: received CISA exam results via email
    18th Jan: submitted endorsement application by email
    29th Jan: received "application received" confirmation email
    13th(?) Feb: application status in MyISACA set to "Approved" (unsure of exact date as I had not logged in for more than a week)
    15th Feb: received CISA confirmation email

A massive improvement compared to my 2 month CISM endorsement wait. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    torrentetorrente Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to the CISA certified, it really looks as an improvement in their process. I hope that they will start with the CISM soon.

Dec 2015 CISM timeline
    15th Jan: received CISM exam results via email
    15th Jan: submitted endorsement application by email
    22nd Jan: received "application received" confirmation email
    Since then no change in my application status: "Unreviewed"
  • Options
    AuditFAuditF Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys! Did anybody get the approval of certification?
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    AuditF wrote: »
    Hi guys! Did anybody get the approval of certification?

It appears that the first batch of CISA approvals have come out. Mike7, above, says that he even got the CISA confirmation email on 2/15 (or 15/2 for my European friends). I think ISACA is still waiting on the CISM certs. I know I'm still at "Unreviewed".
  • Options
    I am - "Under Review" and don't know how long do they need to fully complete checking of my app. I have even contacted to my line manager who has signed my app.form and asked him if anybody from isaca called him..... but he said that there wasn't any emails and calls.
  • Options
    upnorth77upnorth77 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I saw my application status change to "incomplete" - I'm hoping that's not a bad thing, but suspecting it is!
  • Options
    upnorth77 wrote: »
    I saw my application status change to "incomplete" - I'm hoping that's not a bad thing, but suspecting it is!

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll probably contact you in a day or two asking for more detail around something. You'll add it and they'll wrap up the review.

Part if me is glad that they are not just rubber stamping our certs. It makes it that much more special... Right? RIGHT?! Sigh...
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    I am - "Under Review" and don't know how long do they need to fully complete checking of my app. I have even contacted to my line manager who has signed my app.form and asked him if anybody from isaca called him..... but he said that there wasn't any emails and calls.

My understanding is that it goes through several different people who review it for completeness and eligibility. I know some people have said they have been certified in as few as three weeks. Most take much longer. They do say up to 8 weeks. It is a manual process, and they likely only have a few people doing the work.
  • Options
    TankerT wrote: »
    My understanding is that it goes through several different people who review it for completeness and eligibility.

This is a possibility.
    To make things easy for ISACA, I attached a signed letter on company letterhead listing my job titles as validation of experience. As I am claiming 2 years experience waiver via my degree, I attached the scanned degree and include a step-by-step document describing how my degree can be verified online.

For those tracking, ISACA's exam result letter reached my mailbox from across the Pacific. :D

Timeline
    13th(?) Feb: application status in My ISACA set to "Approved" (unsure of exact date as I had not logged in for more than a week)
    17th Feb : received exam result letter from ISACA (dated 21st January)

Guess I should receive the physical certificate in late March.
  • Options
    Mike7 wrote: »
    This is a possibility.
    To make things easy for ISACA, I attached a signed letter on company letterhead listing my job titles as validation of experience. As I am claiming 2 years experience waiver via my degree, I attached the scanned degree and include a step-by-step document describing how my degree can be verified online.

For those tracking, ISACA's exam result letter reached my mailbox from across the Pacific. :D

Timeline
    13th(?) Feb: application status in My ISACA set to "Approved" (unsure of exact date as I had not logged in for more than a week)
    17th Feb : received exam result letter from ISACA (dated 21st January)

Guess I should receive the physical certificate in late March.

Is it your 1st isaca exam?
  • Options
    My application just changed today to "Complete-Under Review". That sounds promising!
  • Options
    Is it your 1st isaca exam?
    Nope. This is my 2nd.
    First one was CISM in June 2015. That CISM endorsement process was a long wait, 2 months for endorsement and another 2 months for paper cert.

I attend an ISACA event just this Tuesday and those who passed CISM in Dec are still waiting for their endorsement confirmation.
  • Options
    andhow wrote: »
    My application just changed today to "Complete-Under Review". That sounds promising!

Feb-9 - Very irritated, andhow posts to this forum
    Feb-17 - Relieved, andhow posts to this forum. And decides this will be his last ISACA exam since he already has CISA, CGEIT, and CRISC. :)
  • Options
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Feb-9 - Very irritated, andhow posts to this forum
    Feb-17 - Relieved, andhow posts to this forum. And decides this will be his last ISACA exam since he already has CISA, CGEIT, and CRISC. :)
    You still can do the COBIT line, that certification process is not so painful icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    torrente wrote: »
    You still can do the COBIT line, that certification process is not so painful icon_wink.gif

Is it possible to electronically punch somebody? Somebody hit torrente.

;)
  • Options
    icon_thumright.gif by the way in my case I can tell that the combined effort that I needed to pass COBIT Foundation, Implementation and Assessor exams was bigger that the combined effort that I needed to pass CGEIT, CISA and CISM (I am CRISC via grandfathering program)
  • Options
    lbmetroguylbmetroguy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Status changed to Complete-Under Review! How much longer do you think?
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    lbmetroguy wrote: »
    Status changed to Complete-Under Review! How much longer do you think?

Some people have reported days. I have been in that status for a few weeks.

Could be up to 8 weeks. It isn't consistent. Likely because they have different people processing at different speeds.
  • Options
    pugsleyahpugsleyah Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Waiting for ISACA to move the ball forward on my CISM application -

My time frame thus far -

1/15/16 - Results Email - passed December 2015 Exam (downtown DC)
    1/19/16 - Sent my application via email
    1/22/16 - Received notification that my application had been received ("unreviewed" status on the ISACA site)
    2/16/16 - Status on ISACA changed to "Complete/Under Review"
    2/22/16 - Status on ISACA changed to "Approved"

It's my first certification with ISACA, but I'll confess - it's a painfully slow process without any real insight. I took the CISSP on paper (yeah, yeah) and got my entire packet submitted and completed faster than my progress with my CISM. In the mean time, I'll be sitting for the CCSP next weekend, I'll be interested to see if I get that back before my CISM.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Emailed forms to Isaca on the 8th Feb, still not had an acknowledgement (22/02). Should I resend or just keep waiting?
  • Options
    aymenabidaymenabid Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    haw time take the CISA certification after status changed to approved
  • Options
    aymenabidaymenabid Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    there is a certification coordinator
    you can ask about your situation before you resend it
  • Options
    My status remain unchanged - "under review" almost 10 days.... and i m not aware who is my certification coordinator. Just sent email to certification department.
  • Options
    UncleRokAutoUncleRokAuto Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was moved to approved via email,no update on ISACA page
  • Options
    shadowsong22shadowsong22 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tongy wrote: »
    Emailed forms to Isaca on the 8th Feb, still not had an acknowledgement (22/02). Should I resend or just keep waiting?

Hi Tongy,

In my case I sent my application on 3rd of February and still no feedback as of date. I had just sent them follow-up just in case.
  • Options
    CBMiller18CBMiller18 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My CRISC certification was approved this morning at 7:47am CST.
  • Options
    Was it your first exam?
  • Options
    Was it your first exam?
    Bro, can see his list of ISACA certifications.
    CertificationsCISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, HCISPP, Security+, ITIL Foundation
  • Options
    lbmetroguylbmetroguy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Today I received an email from the department of certification that I have been granted the certification as CISM!!!
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear about mine. Sigh...