Options

Confirmation for CISA/CISM application

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    I have sent a follow up to my application but not heard anything yet... will keep my eyes peeled for it.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Still waiting, guess I shouldn't have put down superhero as work experience.
  • Options
    hasdouhasdou Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Still waiting, guess I shouldn't have put down superhero as work experience.

:):):):)
  • Options
    chinitachinita Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tongy wrote: »
    Emailed forms to Isaca on the 8th Feb, still not had an acknowledgement (22/02). Should I resend or just keep waiting?

I feel you.

I sent my application last feb 5 and resend it this Monday.
    Still, I haven't received any confirmation e-mail.

How can I contact the certification coordinator, if ever?
  • Options
    shadowsong22shadowsong22 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Tongy,

In my case I sent my application on 3rd of February and still no feedback as of date. I had just sent them follow-up just in case.

After sending my e-mail for follow-up about 19 hours ago. They have finally replied after 6 hours. They confirmed receipt of my application and the status have been changed to unreviewed. The countdown finally begins.
  • Options
    Gershom TangaGershom Tanga Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! ISACA’s CISM Certification Working Group is pleased to inform you that on 23 February 2016 you have been granted certification as a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
  • Options
    Finally, after a long and painful wait - last night, I was confirmed as CISM

'Congratulations! ISACA’s CISM Certification Working Group is pleased to inform you that on 23 February 2016 you have been granted certification as a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).'
  • Options
    AuditFAuditF Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is it your first exam?
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    Well, my status is now "Complete-Under Review". That has to be good. It HAS to be.

For the love of Pete...
  • Options
    upnorth77upnorth77 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    upnorth77 wrote: »
    I saw my application status change to "incomplete" - I'm hoping that's not a bad thing, but suspecting it is!

It turned out I overlapped some of my security management and general security experience. Despite the fact I had plenty of both, they wanted it corrected. So now it's marked Complete - Under Review!
  • Options
    upnorth77 wrote: »
    It turned out I overlapped some of my security management and general security experience. Despite the fact I had plenty of both, they wanted it corrected. So now it's marked Complete - Under Review!

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I did the same thing. I wonder if my application will get bounced as well. I also have more than enough experience so it's not a problem though.
  • Options
    icandoiticandoit Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Need input from those whose CISM application has been approved:
    "My ISACA" Certification page shows my CISM application status as "Approved". Certification Status is "Not Certified". Certification Status changes to "Certified/ Approved", and then I can start using the CISM credentials?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chinita wrote: »
    I feel you.

I sent my application last feb 5 and resend it this Monday.
    Still, I haven't received any confirmation e-mail.

How can I contact the certification coordinator, if ever?

Same boat... paid 02/02,emailed CRISC application on 02/03, no acknowledgement of receipt, ISACA my certs page still shows "Apply Now"... submitted contact us form around noon today, still no response
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    No, I have CISA also...
  • Options
    AuditF wrote: »
    is it your first exam?

No, I have CISA also - certified
  • Options
    torrentetorrente Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icandoit wrote: »
    Need input from those whose CISM application has been approved:
    "My ISACA" Certification page shows my CISM application status as "Approved". Certification Status is "Not Certified". Certification Status changes to "Certified/ Approved", and then I can start using the CISM credentials?
    Thanks.
    You are very close but you are not certified yet, that is the last step before certification. I understand that it means that your application complies with the requirements and will not be audited.
    I have the feeling that this time they are doing it a bit differently than in other occasions but I would say that you could receive your final certification this week.
  • Options
    torrente wrote: »
    You are very close but you are not certified yet, that is the last step before certification. I understand that it means that your application complies with the requirements and will not be audited.
    I have the feeling that this time they are doing it a bit differently than in other occasions but I would say that you could receive your final certification this week.

If I recall correctly, my status changed to approved just a day before I got fully certified.

That was back in the old days though... I'm still at "Complete-Under Review" right now for the CISM.
  • Options
    I am in CISM "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Complete-Under Review" too and in a very recent communication that I had with ISACA they have told me that they are expecting to close next CISM batch in 2 weeks icon_sad.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maybe the "Approved" applications will be released tomorrow as in previous recent occasions they released certifications on Friday.

I cross my fingers expecting to have mine tomorrow too but if I put together all pieces I would bet on Friday next week icon_sad.gif
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Applied for CISA on 2/1/2016 and received confirmation on 2/2/2016. Status after 3 weeks is still unreviewed. I called last week on 2/15 and they said this part is the longest. I'm going to call again today and again next week, until I can get some details. i realize 8 weeks, but I'm still going to bug them until I get more details regarding the "unreviewed status.":D
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    mcc39817 wrote: »
    Applied for CISA on 2/1/2016 and received confirmation on 2/2/2016. Status after 3 weeks is still unreviewed. I called last week on 2/15 and they said this part is the longest. I'm going to call again today and again next week, until I can get some details. i realize 8 weeks, but I'm still going to bug them until I get more details regarding the "unreviewed status.":D

Here's the thing. For all the people calling/e-mailing, they have to stop reviewing and respond. It's 8 weeks. They move forward. If people were patient and waited, it would probably go faster.
  • Options
    Updated movement for me today:

Jan-15 - Exam score notification email
    Jan-18 - Submit application
    Jan -22 - Application received email
    Feb -8 - Status change to Complete - Under Review
    Feb 26 - Status change to Approved
  • Options
    AuditFAuditF Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Status changed to approved
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    AuditF wrote: »
    Status changed to approved

icon_thumright.gif Nice!

I had confirmation/acknowledgement that my submission has been received (phew, was beginning to worry...). Now for the 8 week wait!
  • Options
    mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TankerT wrote: »
    Here's the thing. For all the people calling/e-mailing, they have to stop reviewing and respond. It's 8 weeks. They move forward. If people were patient and waited, it would probably go faster.

Well, in my case, and looking at how the process is going so far, it's officially been 4 weeks. They have 4 weeks left.
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• Options
    Updated movement for me today:

Jan-15 - Exam score notification email
    Jan-18 - Submit application
    Jan -22 - Application received email
    Feb -8 - Status change to Complete - Under Review
    Feb 26 - Status change to Approved
    Feb 29 - Status change to Certified - Certification e-mail received.
  • Options
    spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Certified notification received on Feb 29!
  • Options
    For the love of Pete! I sent in my application 40 minutes after getting my pass notice and I'm still at "Complete-Under Review". I think somebody at ISACA likes to mess with me. God knows I deserve it...
  • Options
    andhow wrote: »
    For the love of Pete! I sent in my application 40 minutes after getting my pass notice and I'm still at "Complete-Under Review". I think somebody at ISACA likes to mess with me. God knows I deserve it...
    I am in the same situation as you… maybe we should had sent it later, next time… but we will not have "next" time icon_smile.gif, it seems that this is our last time… maybe that is the reason because they want us to "enjoy" it icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    torrente wrote: »
    I am in the same situation as you… maybe we should had sent it later, next time… but we will not have "next" time icon_smile.gif, it seems that this is our last time… maybe that is the reason because they want us to "enjoy" it icon_wink.gif

Is that enjoyment that I'm feeling? I thought it was loathing and frustration. Huh... the more you know.
  • Options
    I have the feeling that our applications will move today, not to the end "Certified" step but at least some movement…

I really want to finish this. icon_rolleyes.gif