Options

June Exam 2016. Who is appearing ?

Talal JavaidTalal Javaid Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone appearing for the CISA June Exam, What source you are using for Preparation. I have decided to buy

CISA Review Manual, 26th Edition
by ISACA

CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database - 12 Month Subscription

Are they good enough to pass.

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes both are "good enough" to pass. Also experience in auditing will help. Aim for 80% minimum consistently on the DB without memorization of questions and you will do just fine on the real test. wont hurt to read the boring manual a few times as well. Good luck mate
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i think I'm going to go for the CISA. i need a next tier cert to tighten up my resume. No one tends to care about CEH or CASP, so I think CISA, CISSP, or CCNP will make some noise, but I'm interested in Security roles, so CISA or CISSP seem to be the best bet
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The test database was the biggest help for me. You can do custom tests and select certain subjects to avoid getting bored if you take too many questions at once.

I did custom tests by subject only 20 questions each, one per day. The topics that I did terrible on, required a lot of guessing or had no clue what the answers were, became the topics I focused on in the official study guide.
  • Options
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    The test database was the biggest help for me. You can do custom tests and select certain subjects to avoid getting bored if you take too many questions at once.

I did custom tests by subject only 20 questions each, one per day. The topics that I did terrible on, required a lot of guessing or had no clue what the answers were, became the topics I focused on in the official study guide.

Thanks for every one. the review 2014 book is actually really boring , i felt sleeping just by reading it for 10 minutes but question answer make it interesting. people who passed exam, i would like to know home many hours per day you needed to study if exam is in 4 months.
  • Options
    Yes both are "good enough" to pass. Also experience in auditing will help. Aim for 80% minimum consistently on the DB without memorization of questions and you will do just fine on the real test. wont hurt to read the boring manual a few times as well. Good luck mate
    Thanks you, yeah then manual is really boring.. but db questions are interesting
  • Options
    Did you passed the exam.. if yes contrast and give some wise advise for me :).. i am good in question answer but reading manual is difficult for me
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you passed the exam.. if yes contrast and give some wise advise for me :).. i am good in question answer but reading manual is difficult for me

As a recent passer, I would suggest you read the manual and practice Q&A .
  • Options
    luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Talal Javaid am going for the June 2016 CRISC exam and taking it in London. I have managed to purchase the following and these will form the basis of my preps.

I have my CISM Questions database from 2010 which I will start with to start my preps. Other materials I have been recommended for familiarisation of some Risk Management concepts include Risk IT Val & COBIT 5.0.

Good luck to everyone who is going for these ISACA certs; they have proved to be quite useful in my career so far!!

2015 Goal: ISO 27001:2013 - ISMS Lead Auditor (Passed - icon_cool.gif)
    2016 Goal: CRISC (icon_study.gif)
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • Options
    luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    June 2016 - CRISC passed and certified.

However, this was the hardest ISACA exam i have taken. Used the CRISC Review Manual 6th Edition and the CRISV Review Qstns & Answers 4th Edition.
    Questions are kinda tricky (more than CISA which i thought was hard than CISM).
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon