Options

CCNA Recertification stinks

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Serie 650-xxx no valid for CCNA or CCNP

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think recertification is a great idea and it's clearly stated on their site. Shouldn't catch anyone by surprise. Suck it up buttercup! We all have to do it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm afraid I don't understand the point you're trying to get across, OP
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Since its not clearly stated, I'm guessing Cisco isn't allowing your CCNA to be refreshed after taking ICDN2? I think you may be able to argue your point with Cisco, as it very clearly states that any associate level exam other than ICDN1 can re-certify you and you did it prior to your 3 year mark:

"CCNA Routing and Switching certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam"

Source:

CCNA Routing and Switching - Cisco
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, it says the INCD2 is still valid on their website. Where did you find out it was not?

Unless you waited over 3 years to recertify, but than that would be all on you...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Not sure what you're getting at here. You have to revert every three years. If you don't want to you don't have to be certified anymore.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lmx wrote: »

Give it a few days. Cisco can be slow to update certification information sometimes and they aren't consistent about how long it takes. After my first CCNP exam, my information was updated almost immediately, but after my 3rd one (and earning my CCNP), it took days for them to update it to show I had earned my CCNP.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure what you're getting at here. You have to revert every three years. If you don't want to you don't have to be certified anymore.

It looks like he took the ICND2 a couple days ago (to recert his CCNA) and passed, but when he checked today his CCNA expiration date hadn't changed. Her probably just needs to wait a little longer and the site will update to reflect a new expiration date.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    But the truth and talk to them and you have to take the full exam, understood CCNA 200-120 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated

Their wording on their site is definitely misleading than! (if not straight up incorrect) I'd be pissed. At least you should know all the material for the test already, sucks to be out the money though. icon_silent.gif
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    The ICND1 is not an Associate level exam. It is the entry level exam. ICND2 is the Associate level one.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just curious.

Why do you continue to take the CCNA instead of moving on to professional level exams? You could've been a CCNP by now.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As a CCIE, come back when you've examined the recertification process at my level.

I thought NEITHER of the ICND exams certified CCNA, you'd need to take the composite, i.e. the "CCNA" exam.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dear buddy, (n.........4) you're right I have certified every three years since 2006 as CCNA that meets my job description. is no need to be arrogant or to offend me. I do not know you or I did not do anything to you. I'm just claiming so I have reason.

Agreed.
    Your english is a bit off; but i immediately understood why you were upset.
    mr. moderator needs to chillax.

the ICND2 has always been classified as an Associate level exam:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications

For cisco to claim otherwise is total BS.

Hopefully Theodoxa is right (cisco is just being slow).

and Congrats on maintaining your cert all this time :]
  • Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just checked because I wasn't sure, per the recertification tab..."Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam". Sounds like it should be good to me.

I just kept side-stepping the problem and doing another A-level exam. Problem is now I don't want any of the other associate certs, so I'll work the CCNP ROUTE in to renew mine before next February.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GSXR750K2 wrote: »
    Problem is now I don't want any of the other associate certs, so I'll work the CCNP ROUTE in to renew mine before next February.

Others have said that you can also re-PASS one of your existing ccna exams.
  • Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    True, but I'd rather work out or up. The choice involves more self-imposed torment than is necessary. :)