Passed Sec+.....Last week!

T-RAVT-RAV Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Kind of a late post. been crazy busy. we all know how IT is :)

So last week I passed my Security+. I studied for about a month and a half. Got an 811. pretty good considering I get pretty nervous for any test, much more on cert tests. It was easier than I expected. Easier than the Net+ in my opinion.

To those still studying...dont sweat! specially if you already passed the Net+.

Edit: Oh yeah. I utilized CBT nuggets, Professor Messor and some college resources.

Comments

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    grats! I also thought Net+ was harder too.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    awesome. i did my A+ and network+ in 2010 when they were still permanent. haven't done any since but am now studying for the sec+. i just bought gibsons book and have been watching messers videos and bought his notes. i will be studying about 6 weeks on this one. i'm not overly concerned. i don't think i could pass it today but think i could be pretty close. i haven't looked at most of this stuff since i graduated in 2010 but reading the book is bringing it all back to the surface so i think i will be ok. not underestimating it but confident
  • T-RAVT-RAV Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    awesome. i did my A+ and network+ in 2010 when they were still permanent. haven't done any since but am now studying for the sec+. i just bought gibsons book and have been watching messers videos and bought his notes. i will be studying about 6 weeks on this one. i'm not overly concerned. i don't think i could pass it today but think i could be pretty close. i haven't looked at most of this stuff since i graduated in 2010 but reading the book is bringing it all back to the surface so i think i will be ok. not underestimating it but confident

well good luck dhay13! confidence keeps a steady mind through the exam. 6 weeks should be enough, especially if you have been in IT for a number of years. just memorize what can be memorized. ie Ports.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    dhay13 wrote: »

check out gibsons website too, he offers practice simulations that were extremely worth it!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah i have already looked at those. lots of good stuff between those 2 guys. if i fail it its my own fault
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!

@cdx: awesome avatar :)
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise