Options

What Certification should I get next.

ChaseBenfieldChaseBenfield Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I have CEH and Security+. Also a BSIT and MBA. 4 years Military Intelligence Analysis and TADIL Network Administration experience.Trying to break into IT Security. Underemployed, actively searching for a position. Thought my BSIT, CEH, and Sec+ would get me there, but times are changing and it's rough because I am doing Security way more than 40 hours a week without getting the "experience". The age old catch 22 I thought I could beat with certifications, but it seems cheaters using brain **** are ruining it for people with integrity.

Nonetheless, another certification is what I am being offered through a scholarship that will only pay for one test. Time is critical. I need something to complement my current background that will get me in the door before I can't pay rent and am on the streets.

I could do CASP as well, but need to review the curriculum to see how much I already know. Took a handful of online tests and averaged a 90%. Problem still comes back to time and not knowing if CASP will help me or hurt me to get my foot in the door at this point.

Network+ or ITIL Foundations?

I heard ITIL Foundations is relatively painless/common sense, and I am sure I can study for little to no time and pass Network+