Options

Shortest and Easiest CCNA Recertification strategy?

DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys

I have CCNA routing and switching, and it expires this september. I do not want it to expire though, and I have a pretty busy life at the moment. Work full time, family etc

So I would like to know your recommendations on what cert to take on which will be a quick and easy re-cert

People have suggest CCNA wireless or can I do a smaller CCNA Routing and Switching Exam?
Also how does the above two exams and study difficulty compare to the single CCNP-Switch exam?

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Drekko wrote: »
    Hey guys

I have CCNA routing and switching, and it expires this september. I do not want it to expire though, and I have a pretty busy life at the moment. Work full time, family etc

So I would like to know your recommendations on what cert to take on which will be a quick and easy re-cert

People have suggest CCNA wireless or can I do a smaller CCNA Routing and Switching Exam?
    Also how does the above two exams and study difficulty compare to the single CCNP-Switch exam?

You can re-certify with ICND2 but not ICND1. Honestly ICND2 is the quickest and easiest but I would get another cert if it was me. CCNA Security is also an option since it's just 1 exam. I think all the NA level exams are easier than an NP SWITCH exam.
  • Options
    koz24 wrote: »
    You can re-certify with ICND2 but not ICND1. Honestly ICND2 is the quickest and easiest but I would get another cert if it was me. CCNA Security is also an option since it's just 1 exam. I think all the NA level exams are easier than an NP SWITCH exam.

Whats your take on ccna wireless?

Also sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference between icnd1 and icnd2
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Drekko wrote: »
    Whats your take on ccna wireless?

Also sorry for my ignorance but whats the difference between icnd1 and icnd2

Passing ICND1 gets you the CCENT and passing ICND2 completes the CCNA. ICND2 has less subnetting, has EIGRP, STP,etc. Check out the blueprint.

No idea on wireless. I would do it over ICND2 again though.
  • Options
    i might do the CCDA exam that will re certify me and ive read from a few people its pretty easy compared to the other ccna exams
  • Options
    pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    still new to networking,but so far from what ive gathered from others-many people in the industry once they get their ccna they move on,as in people who have done it,3-6y ago dont bother renewing it,thus either progressed towards ccnp and such or moved to different IT industry.

So question is do you work in networking field-and use your ccna,or is it something you got few years back and think might help you in the future to get better position at work or change fields ?

Since if you just want it renewed but dont really use it or theres no need from your work-just get latest book on ccna and read it on your own time to keep memory fresh on most topics,since from what i gather ccna doesnt change much,it gets more stuff added every year but basics remain almost the same.
    But if your in IT or somewhere where its used daily or helps with work,then do any test that requires least time effort.

My view on it is like driving a car -you get your license and if you drive daily theres no really need to do driving test every 3-5 years,more of keeping up to date with current technologies once your past basics.
  • Options
    Well I really did not want it expired just for good resume profile incase I ever move positions or change jobs
  • Options
    HenricIIIHenricIII Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with you Drekko, it is good to have the cert valid.
    Following the drivers license analogy.. if you want to stay in the road and have better journeys you better renew the license and get rid of annoying cops and unnecessary fines :)

Did you go for the CCDA exam? Was such exam actually valid to recert the CCNA? How easy/difficult was it? Any observations or tips that you may share with the forum from your experience?

I hope you managed to renew your certification friend
    cheers
  • Options
    albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA Security was a tough one, but I also studied incredibly fast for school. 1.5 months, and I passed by the skin of my teeth.

You might also consider CCNP Switch. It's certainly doable by september if you applied yourself, and it would move you up the chain instead of laterally.
    CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]