Options

i just recently Failed the Network+ n10-006

arnoldpshortmanarnoldpshortman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i studied a lot and i just recently Failed the Network+ and want some advice on what i should do to help me pass next time i took a network plus class i have a book i read and ive watched vids and i still failed im going to reread the book and i also wanna know if theirs any thing else i could do to help pass the test also i got a 548 on the test

Comments

• Options
    TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long was the class? I think Mike Meyers N10-006 on Udemy would be a good start and grabbing a book after that. Either Mike Meyers or Todd Lammle.

What sections were you having the most problems with?
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Professor Messor has some nifty notes that you can purchase for 10 bucks. It highlights key areas to focus on for the test to study for.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How are you on subnetting? If you aren't confident then I would practice subnetting. Write them out on paper first. Once you have the hang of that, then work on being able to do them in your head. With enough repetition you'll get the hang of it. I really do think practicing subnetting by writing it down works. it helps you to slow down, think through, and understand the process.
  • Options
    cratcliffcratcliff Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thomas,

I just failed the test today, and there was not much on subnetting. That was the one area I worked hard on. I am preety good with all of the definitions.

What got me was the crappy simulator, AP's and Firewalls.
  • Options
    paraspiralparaspiral Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Know you port numbers! Know what the most popular port numbers are from 1 to 1024.

Professor Messer has a whole video series for free. Watch the whole thing.

I had 8 years experience in IT when I took the exam and took after I took the ICND 2. All I did was watch CBT Nuggets videos and passed it. The only part I failed was the physical cabling standards. I suggest you reread those also.
  • Options
    paraspiralparaspiral Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Know you port numbers! Know what the most popular port numbers are from 1 to 1024. Knowing your port numbers will help you with the firewall sim.

Knowing different types of wireless encryption will help you with the AP sim. Memorize those.

Professor Messer has a whole video series for free. Watch the whole thing.

I had 8 years experience in IT when I took the exam and took after I took the ICND 2. All I did was watch CBT Nuggets videos and passed it. The only part I failed was the physical cabling standards. I suggest you reread those also.