Passed Today :)

zimbyteszimbytes Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
After a few weeks of studying I managed to sit and pass this exam, and I feel like relieved. This exam is no walk in the park as some make it out to be in previous years. My first sim had 11 subsets (I definitely got that wrong) but managed an overall score of 853.

I would love for some advice. I already possess an MCSA server 2012 certification and I would be looking for jobs in Toronto. I've been out of work for well over months since I was awaiting a work permit. I have experience working in I.T for a large company in the UK and I worked as an Auditor for a bank before that. What kind of jobs should I be looking at in relation to an entry level security position ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    grats! I felt great after passing Sec+ to complete the "Golden 3" (A+, N+, S+). I've heard in the US the DoD (Department of Defense) hires sec+ entry level. I am not sure about the UK. sorry.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • BlertaBlerta Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So great for u :)
  • DollarhydeDollarhyde Member Posts: 111
    Could you tell us what you have used to prepare for Sec+
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I'd also like to hear how you prepared for it.
  • dhcdhc Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Yes please let us know what prep work/materials you used. Thanks!
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I'm currently studying both the Security+ and CCENT/CCNA material myself. What resources did you use?
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR