Options

Lpic 1

jack84iejack84ie Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

signed up to Linux Academy, started the LPIC 1 exam 1 Module about 25% into it, hoping to have the LPIC 1 Cert by the end of Feb.. and move on to the First part of the LPIC 2 and have that dusted by April..

any one have any other tip's on studying for this exam ?

Comments

• Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice, I am about to study this for my new job. I will be using ITProTV and LinuxCBT most likely.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I used LinuxCBT, among other things, to study for my Solaris cert. the gut is boring, but I have my cert.
  • Options
    Cancel my Subscription to LinuxAcadmey i was finding i was tuning out of the videos 20+ hr for Lpic 101 just felt very long.. i am gone back to CBT Nuggets looking to get the first exam out of the way next month followed by LPIC 104
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, the video's are long.. I could have just read the book but the video's are great just incase there are any issues.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Any one use the CBT Nugget vids.

what if so up to what video is enough for the Lpic 103 exam ?
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used them. The video about user profiles marks the end of the general content for the first test, but truthfully the videos alone won't be enough to pass. What I suggest is taking notes on all the commands Shawn goes over, and then looking them all up in man pages to study the common switches they use. Know about default settings and switches. Go through all the things he suggests and break some VMs.

His videos are great and an excellent alternative to the dry textbooks, but they are more of an overview out of necessity. He can't go into great detail and still meet the goal of cbtnuggets, and I felt like a lot of the questions on the test were fairly deep as far as level of detail goes.