Options

Re-Certifying CCNA R&S - ICND2 exam - Book and difficulty for you

DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello

I was originally going to go for a new cert either CCNP - Switch or CCNA Wireless or Security. But I have made the decision to just go for the ICND2 exam and get it out of the way. As my CCNA will expire in September and I am a busy person and do not have much time to study

I am just wondering guys that have re-certified by taking just the ICND2 exam.
Was it difficult for you the 2nd time around? was it easy for you becuase you work alot of cisco technology?

Also what resources did you guys use?
I have all my old books etc but I might also add in CBT Nugget videos and the buy the official Cisco Cert Guide

Is:
[FONT=Roboto Condensed, sans-serif]Odom W. - Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide - 2013[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto Condensed, sans-serif]The correct one ? Even though its about 3 years old[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    DollarhydeDollarhyde Member Posts: 111
    That is the right book.

I would follow that one and watch CBT nuggets, Jeremy is an amazing instructor, after you watch his videos you will feel that you want more Cisco.

That sums it up, follow those 2 and you will pass it as you did last time.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dollarhyde wrote: »
    That is the right book.

I would follow that one and watch CBT nuggets, Jeremy is an amazing instructor, after you watch his videos you will feel that you want more Cisco.

That sums it up, follow those 2 and you will pass it as you did last time.

GREAT!

I just saw a lot of other people post alot more resources so thought i would ask
  • Options
    DollarhydeDollarhyde Member Posts: 111
    Well there are always more resources you could use INE, Udemy, and Rene Molenaar's GNS3 labs. I would say go through Rene's how to master CCNA, it is a really good book.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    NVLadyNVLady Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would also recommend checkingout Todd Lammle's book. Robot Check

I tried to add the Amazon link, and the site changed it to "Robot Check" It still seems to work though.
  • Options
    stunnedsoupstunnedsoup Member Posts: 120
    Hate to toss another recommendation your way, but, I have Chris Bryant's CCNA 200-120 BootCamp. Got it for $9 or $10, or was it $11?

...anyway, it was a killer deal.

Best wishes!
    Cisco: CCENT COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR CCNA COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR || MCSE: 70-410 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-411 [ ] 74-409 COLOR=#ff0000]✔[/COLOR 70-534 [ ] || VMWare: VCP [ ]