Options

wgu

2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been wondering for a while now. How does wgu verify if you passed an exam with Cisco or comptia? I know I am able to purchase my own vouchers and then take a picture of the print out paper and email it to wgu. Now how does wgu verify?

Comments

• Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Most companies that offer certifications offer a way to send verification,w hether it's to schools, employers, etc.

With Cisco you do it within the Cisco Certification Tracker website. For Comptia, you go to their site and create a transcript then send that link
  • Options
    Since I have been in wgu I have never had to send them any transcript from comptia or Cisco. I just take a picture of the print out and send it to them.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    Yeah, that's how I do it as well. I'm sure there's some way you could forge the document if you really wanted to, but since you have to get a voucher from them and they'll know if it was used or not, I doubt it would be worth your while. Especially if they decided they decide to audit you and request that you provide the proof joelsfood was referring to.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    Not planning on doing that. I only have couple classes left. I was just wondering.. Thee are times where I purchased my own vouchers and took the exam and they never asked for anything besides the print out.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WGU also took my passing score sheet when I passed Project+

However, I did state if needed I can provide the verification link.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had to scan and email my passing sheet. I'm sure they could use that to look it up and verify. They might also have an arraignment with the testing bodies since they are supplying the vouchers to also get the results.
  • Options
    cloudyknightcloudyknight Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you log in to the comptia certifications site you can link your transcript. I just email the WGU testing department that link.
  • Options
    CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good point, i'm going to raise the question to scores@wgu.edu and see what they say. If they don't audit everyone and someone does forge and slip through the cracks to receive an easy B.S. Degree, that'd hurt the schools reputation/accreditation.

The funny thing is that WGU posted my course as passed last Friday before CompTIA even had it recognized online.
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017
  • Options
    thats what i am talking about. please let me know what they say.
    Good point, i'm going to raise the question to scores@wgu.edu and see what they say. If they don't audit everyone and someone does forge and slip through the cracks to receive an easy B.S. Degree, that'd hurt the schools reputation/accreditation.

The funny thing is that WGU posted my course as passed last Friday before CompTIA even had it recognized online.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    While WGU may not validate every score report submitted to them, it's easy to verify a score report from Prometric/Vue (vue authentication link below) to determine if the score report is valid. If a candidate were to submit a fraudulent report they would most certainly face expulsion from WGU for academic dishonesty, have a mark placed on their permanent academic record, as well as potentially face legal issues stemming from their fraudulent submission.

https://www1.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/authenticate/AuthenticateScoreReport.htm
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11