Options

CISA / CISM Questions

Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
http://www.isaca.org/Certification/Documents/Candidates-Guide-2016_exp_Eng_1115.pdf

I was reading over the 2016 candidates guide and it states that the CISA now only has 150 questions over 4 hours (look at the table). Has this changed? I could have sworn that they were all 200 question exams.

Comments

• Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, the number of questions has changed... I know CRISC is 150 and believe CISA changed to 150 as well but CISM is still 200?
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This reminds me of how the SAT structure and scoring methodology was changed at various points of time to boost the average scores for target constituencies.

As I recall, I didn't have a particularly high score in June of 2015 when I took the CISA, but I was in the top 5%. Maybe ISACA's objective is to give people more time per question to boost the average score.

If the CISM is not changing in terms of the number of questions, maybe ISACA wants to retain the comparative level of difficulty to the CISSP. Also, in looking at the December CISM score reports, the scores seemed much higher relative to the placement percentages (e.g., top x%) than the June 2015 CISA (I didn't look at the later 2015 CISA exam score reports), so maybe there was no need to change.

All speculation here....
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the content changing as well? I see there's a new version of the Sybex book coming out soon...