Options

CGEIT after taking CISA and CISM

eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
I already have CISA and CISM can anyone suggest if CGEIT can be a good addition as well? I'm practicing risk assurance and in the future I wanted to do high level governance. Would this certification help me prepare for that path?

Comments

• Options
    FrankMat74FrankMat74 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I beleive it would, I took the same direction.
  • Options
    Thanks Mat, at least noe I know someone else is taking the same direction.
  • Options
    corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FrankMat74 wrote: »
    I beleive it would, I took the same direction.

I've done the CISM, CRISC and thinking about attempting CGEIT in July for the governance component. I'm not sure if should do the CISA as I've done ISO27001 Lead Auditor already and don't really plan on getting into the auditing area. But I'm considering it just for the knowledge and to be more well rounded. The extra $80 dues doesn't sound too good though...
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    corpsec wrote: »
    I've done the CISM, CRISC and thinking about attempting CGEIT in July for the governance component. I'm not sure if should do the CISA as I've done ISO27001 Lead Auditor already and don't really plan on getting into the auditing area. But I'm considering it just for the knowledge and to be more well rounded. The extra $80 dues doesn't sound too good though...

You've got some impressive certs already. If you're not going into auditing, I'd skip the CISA. The CGEIT would compliment your ISSMP and CISM nicely.
  • Options
    corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    andhow wrote: »
    You've got some impressive certs already. If you're not going into auditing, I'd skip the CISA. The CGEIT would compliment your ISSMP and CISM nicely.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • Options
    corpsec wrote: »

Hey corpsec, very impressive certifications you got there. May I know what is your job?