Options

Passed... Test was not what I expected

JimehbooJimehboo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey

I passed the A+ today with a decent score. I’m not complaining but the test was a lot different then I expected.

First off I studied all the IRQ, DMA, SCSI, and CPU information in depth, plus I have lots of hands on experience from school. I also dug up all the little details I could on the net and used practice test from Ucertify.

When I took the test, there were very few questions on what I studied in depth. Most of the questions were about cd-rom drives and troubleshooting hard drives (easy stuff). I also got a lot of questions about cleaning the computer, which I think is self explanatory… but still they were very tricky, one was how to clean a LCD monitor, and I didn’t know what they were looking for exactly.

I might have overprepared, but I know the information now. I guess my point is, that any future test takes, make sure you know the basic stuff like cleaning your system (what types of cleaners to use) and various Miscellaneous stuff. I kinda wish I would have gotten more question asking bus speeds, and more specific stuff, etc…

I’ll be taking the O/S soon and going for my MCSE after that, so ill be around, I enjoy these forms a lot and they helped me pass.

~ Jimmy

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    congrats!!!!
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    boostedtc24boostedtc24 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the A+ core exam (I hope to join you very soon). I don't think you can overprepare for an exam of this nature. Even if you learned some things that weren't covered on the test, you may need to use it later on in your career. I say you can never know too much when it comes to your career field. The more you know, the better off you are. :)
  • Options
    blacktoesblacktoes Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job on the pass! I noticed the same thing when I took the hardware today. Many questions on cleaning and handling. Definately not complaining, and I learned some things that I didn't have experience with before, (SCSI, Laptops, non-UTP networking.)