Options

Hi how can I become a Network Adminstator?

Hi where do I start to become a network administrator? I saw you tube videos on this career and it looks great to me. Something that I would love to do for a living. Where do I start? Do i need a college degree or just certificates? Any advice would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1. Look up job descriptions of Network Administrators on indeed or any job site
    2. Look in the Qualifications section of those jobs you find
    3. Get those Qualifications
    4. Get the job

(extra hint: You don't even need all the qualifications listed to get the job most of the time!)
  • Options
    NVLadyNVLady Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If possible, try to find someone that is currently in networking to mentor you. They might appreciate the extra help and you will learn something! Good luck!
  • Options
    ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What is your background (work experience, education, etc)?

Pick up a Network+ book and see how well you grasp the material.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    E Double U wrote: »
    Pick up a Network+ book and see how well you grasp the material.

Looks like he is starting to study for the Net+ already: http://www.techexams.net/forums/network/111643-questions-about-preping-network-exam.html#post947375

Come on now... icon_jokercolor.gif
  • Options
    faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Yeah i'm currently studying for the Network+ exam. I fail first time i got 700 score. I'm re studying right now. I hope to be a network administrator.