Boston labs for VCP6-DCV

metalone4metalone4 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just picked up these labs from the Boston Exam Prep website....also, a basic vSphere course on Udemy. Boston was $149, Udemy $15. Anyone else use anything like this to prepare for the VCP6-DCV exam? I've been impressed so far with both Boston and Udemy. Here's hoping I didn't just waste 165 bucks...icon_wink.gif

Comments

• RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are they any good?
    I have no experience with Boston. I have seen few Udemy courses but on the vmware ones, and was not impressed.
    For labs I am using NDG Netlab+ but I am not impressed at all. They are ok, but will like to get someting better if possible
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Check out VMware's Hands on Labs? They are free and are complete environments spun up every time you connect.
  • RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I did not know that vmware have free online labs.
    Will check them during the day.
    What about Boson? Are they scenario based? I really hope to find something to guide me through different scenarios rather then to have few esxi host and then to deploy on your own as I already have few physical server on my disposal to play with.
  • metalone4metalone4 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure about the free labs, but the Boston seem excellent so far. They are scenario based and the quality reminds me of the labs I took while in a classroom over 10 years ago to get my Microsoft certs.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    $149 for the lab access - I would put that money towards building a virtual lab on a physical PC.

You say about the Udemy course, how are you going to meet the VCP6-DCV training requirement?
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • metalone4metalone4 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    scott28tt wrote: »
    how are you going to meet the VCP6-DCV training requirement?

I wasn't ware of that at the time because I've never looked into vSphere certs before. I signed up on the Stanly SCC waiting list, but I'm not holding my breath. For now I'll continue with the VCP Boston labs along with studying for AWS Architect and Admin.
  • 27PAYBACK27PAYBACK Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So the Boson are Scenario Based? I assume a Linear progression from easy to difficult.
    Im going to purchase this week and start this path
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Let us know how the Boson is. I'm looking at that option as well.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    metalone4 wrote: »
    I wasn't ware of that at the time because I've never looked into vSphere certs before. I signed up on the Stanly SCC waiting list, but I'm not holding my breath. For now I'll continue with the VCP Boston labs along with studying for AWS Architect and Admin.

how are you finding the AWS study?