Options

Prerequisite

jjoeljjoel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Just got a question..I dont know if this is already discussed here. I am currently doing the Comptia Security +, was wondering if this certification can act as a prerequisite of CCNA security. I heard that Cisco wont release my certificate until I pass the CCENT. Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jjoel wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Just got a question..I dont know if this is already discussed here. I am currently doing the Comptia Security +, was wondering if this certification can act as a prerequisite of CCNA security. I heard that Cisco wont release my certificate until I pass the CCENT. Suggestions?

You need CCENT, CCNA, or CCIE to obtain CCNA Security. CompTIA Security+ won't count. My suggestion would be to do CCNA R&S first to build a solid foundation, then go for CCNA Security.
  • Options
    AMD4EVERAMD4EVER Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Below are the pre-reqs for CCNA Security per the Cisco website. I'm not sure what your situation is where you need to pass CCENT to have Cisco release your certificate. Did you pass CCNA Security without first doing the CCENT? In that case, CCENT is probably your only option.

"Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite."

CCNA Security - Cisco
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The prereqs are very straightforward: CCENT, CCNA RS or CCIE. Nothing else counts.
  • Options
    jjoeljjoel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□