Options

Help with Resume.

sbucklandsbuckland Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, Would anyone mind taking a glance at my resume and tell me what you think. I Have been applying for several jobs that I fell well qualified for, however, I never hear anything. I think it might have something to do with my Resume maybe? My resume is attached, with certain information removed. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I can dig into this more later but to show a few things:
    · Hold active Final Secret Security clearance You already told me this under professional
    · 3 years experience of creating, editing, and removing user accounts, roles, group, and computer objects in active directory. This should be able to be easily seen per your description of your job experience in your work history
    · Created several Virtual machines with VMware player on home system This has to go. You talk about training during interview.
    · Experience with scripting What kind of scripting?
    · Experience with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, Linux Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian. Such as? Did you create apache boxes? mysql databases? Exchange servers? Setup robocopy? This should be described in your job history how you used these technologies.
    · 3+ years of Windows Server 2008 R2 experience. You already told me you have experience in this. Your work history should be able to back this up in years.
    · Experience with server repair, installation, and configuration
    · Intermediate knowledge of networking. Intermediate as in you can talk at a CCNP level for networking technologies and how they work?
    · Intermediate Knowledge of Windows office 2007, 2010, 2013. Generally I dont list office as a skill. People usually assume that most people have a decent understanding of office products now and days.
    · Strong knowledge of technical support. On... what kind of products?
    · Strong Knowledge of Windows XP and Windows Windows XP is dead. That shouldn't be a skill
    · Excellent customer service communication. "Exceed in customer service bringing tickets to a quicker resolution time"
    · Attention to detail. This goes in the professional summary statement
    · Analytical This also goes in that statement.
    · Able to act and respond without supervision. I'd hope if I hire you that you dont have to be baby sat

I can break it down more when I get to work for the experience section but a lot of this is the way it is being presented. Not trying to be harsh in any of my statements but if listed I need to know more detail about what you do. Your accomplishments. Why I should hire you over someone else if I was a person doing hiring.
  • Options
    sbucklandsbuckland Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank You. This is what I am looking for. I don't really have a lot of "Resume" writing experience.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just a general advice to throw in numbers. Hiring managers love that. Like: "Succeeded in knocking out 8 production tickets per day on average which is 25% higher than department's average". That would sound impressive to higher ups, they tend to value performance in getting job done over familiarity with different IT products/services. It depends however who hiring manager is, if he's technical he vaulues "doers" as well, but majority of managers are, you know, manager type and they value "achievers" over "doers". So you'd better look as an achiever in your resume.

Also, numbers in general are helpful. Like "created and assigned proper rights for 2000 accounts over the course of 2 years in Active Directory multi-domain forest with 100 000 user accounts with 0 complaints over improper rights delegation", stuff like that. Helps a lot.
  • Options
    mkazimkazi Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Font needs to be all red and wing dings and size 18 bold.
    "No person is your friend. No person is your enemy. Every person is your teacher." -unknown

Goals 2016: CCNA Sec OR CCNP R&S