Options

Your question on IPv6

curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
From the MS site as well as IPv6 install...
For the IPv6 protocol for the Windows XP with SP1, you can also do the following:
Log on to the computer with a user account that has privileges to change network configuration. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections. Right-click any local area connection, and then click Properties. Click Install. In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Protocol, and then click Add. In the Select Network Protocol dialog box, click Microsoft IPv6 Developer Edition, and then click OK. Click Close to save changes to your network connection. To use Remote Procedure Call (RPC) applications over IPv6, you must first restart the computer.

But I take it that is incorrect in the context of the exam yes/no?
I only ask because I saw the option on my Xp box and was surprised the answer was wrong in your quiz.

Comments

• Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    I guarantee that nothing to do with IPv6 will be on the test. I wouldn't concern yourself with it.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Also, try the command in the command prompt. It works.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The question about IPv6 and how to install it is actually the first quesiton I wrote for Windows XP, about 18 months ago... (for another site www.xpexams.com, which I never launched...) so it's been a while. But, I remember I tested it myself and it is directly based on an article about IPv6 on the MS site. If you still have any doubts about the answer being correct or not, I'd be happy to look the article up for you.
  • Options
    I just noticed that I did include the link as the 'external reference' (link is displayed when you use the **** button to show the answer and explanation (or on the review page when you click review for his question)

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/pro/techinfo/administration/ipv6/default.asp
  • Options
    I was asking why the answer (install through control panel>networking) was wrong when you can actually do it. Never mind, I took it this morning and passed :D and Cheeblie was right there was nothing about it in the test.
    Those questions are long and drawn out though - boy couldn't they just ask things like - what is the top level for rights in active directory? instead of going all through a 200 word scenario involving Cal and Hannah and docked laptop computers in a domain?
    When do I get my lapel badge?
    I want that lapel badge - I felt cheated not getting one from CompTIA after spending all that money with them.
  • Options
    Congrats! Yes, the main difference between 70-210 and 70-270 is the lenghty questions for XP... I always start reading with the last line of the 200-500 word story...

(there isn't a 'Network' or 'Networking' Control Panel applet in XP, it is called Network Connections, but that isn't available as an answer to the practice question, leavingthe command-line option as the only correct answer.)
  • Options
    ......and the lapel badge?
  • Options
    Well, I'll put it this way. I passed the test on the 17th, and I don't expect to get anything in the mail from Microsoft for at least another 2 weeks. Be patient. It will come.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    curio wrote:
    ......and the lapel badge?

It's been 5 years since I became MCP, I think it took 6 weeks before I got the "Welcome kit"... surely things have changed, but it will probably still take a couple of weeks minimum. Like Cheeblie says: Be patient, it will come. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    You have to sign up to the MCP site with a .NET passport before they send you anything too. I guess you already did that and what ....
    still no badge?