Options

Need help to confirm my cert roadmap

bgaletbgalet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have just passed my Linux Essentials certification this morning, and before going to the next step, I would like to have some advices.

In which order do you think I should go for my next certifications:

1. Linux+ (LX0-103 and 104) -> Network+ -> Security+

OR

2. Network+ -> Linux+ -> Security+

Thank you in advance,

Comments

• Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congratulations on the pass.

I would recommend taking a look at this certification roadmap:

http://www.learningpeople.co.uk/uploads/images/1025x778xIT-Certification-Roadmap-2015.gif.pagespeed.ic.TOYf3qqDhu.png

Have you concidered looking at CCNA rather than Net+? I would recommend this path if you want to get into networking.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it depends on what point you are at in your IT career. Are you just starting out looking to get into helpdesk? If so I'd put the linux stuff further in the line, it'll be helpful at some point but for helpdesk most people want you doing support/MS type stuff.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies.

As additional information, my goal is to go into Security Network / Pentesting.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since you have just passed Linux Essentials, do Linux+ first to build upon your Linux knowledge.
    Follow by Network+. and finally, Security+ as I always believe that you need to have a good understanding of OS and networking before you can secure it.
  • Options
    Thank you all !