Options

Passed 100-101... but Comptia Network+ was harder!!

roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the firt CCNA exam icon_cheers.gif with a 951 score! I thought it was a more difficult exam: no OSPF, no IPv6, no ACL questions and only 2 labs/sim tests! Maybe I was lucky icon_wink.gif. Anyway, the Comptia Network+ was much more difficult for me since I found harder questions and many lab tests!

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats but the topics you listed are on ICND2.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why would you take the INCD1 when it says in your Certs that you already have your CCNA Sec?

The test doesn't have a ton of questions so you can't hit every single topic I guess. I think the ICND1 was easier because the topics are more interesting and was easier to study them.

Gratz on the pass!
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Networking has always been hard for me, all those different router commands... however I plan to take the full CCNA because I'm taking the NetAcad classes now. Congrats and good luck on your ICND2!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    You can never predict the difficulty of these tests. I swear the second A+ exam was the hardest one for me.
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats! Great job!!! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    which parts would say were tough ?
    kindly post your score card
    were the simulations tough ?
  • Options
    roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why would you take the INCD1 when it says in your Certs that you already have your CCNA Sec?

The test doesn't have a ton of questions so you can't hit every single topic I guess. I think the ICND1 was easier because the topics are more interesting and was easier to study them.

Gratz on the pass!

Yes, I got only the 640-553 exam (CCNA Security) a few years ago since I thought it was a standalone cert icon_rolleyes.gif. Ahah! It was my first "incomplete" cert and I was a newbie! So I have started the correct path: I passed the Comptia Network+ about 2 years ago, and now I'm studying for the CCNA R&S because I want to have good basic knowledge of routing&switching...
    I want to pass the ICND2 exam the next month icon_wink.gif.
  • Options
    Networking_StudentNetworking_Student Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    v1ral wrote: »
    Congrats but the topics you listed are on ICND2.

Actually OSPF, IPv6, and ACLs are all within ICND1 exam objectives. All that happened is the OP simply just didn't get them from the question bank on his test.
    Working on my MCSD: Windows Store Apps
    WGU-Software Development Student
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,049 ■■■■■■■■□□
    roghan wrote: »
    Anyway, the Comptia Network+ was much more difficult for me since I found harder questions and many lab tests!

Unlike most posts here.... i actually agree with you.
    The Network+ was, in fact, Harder.
    The CCENT was pretty underwhelming.

Maybe it's because the ccent is only 55 questions (as stated on cisco's site);
    while the Net+ was considerably longer.
    Also i found a few of the simulations on Net+ to be pretty Legit (in terms of testing concepts).

i am referring to the N10-005.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Interesting you find it easier, I barely studied for the Net+ and passed. While the CCENT took me a long time to pass.
    When I took Net+ it was N10-004 though.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA