Options

pocketprep app - Has anyone actually paid for the upgrade?

dbaidemedbaideme Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
If someone has already paid the $25.99 would like to know if they found value in the app.

Comments

• Options
    chrsnldechrsnlde Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I paid for the full version and do not recommend it. The app itself is nice in appearance and the features were neat, like I enjoyed the morning pop quiz, study reminders, and being able to create a 10-100+ question pop quiz on my phone anytime I wanted. However, the content is IMO complete garbage. Nothing v9 about it. Most of the material I ran into felt like it was off Wikipedia, Symantec's website, and the Hacking Exposed book series.

What I do recommend is Mat Walker's AIO v8 book with CBT Nugget videos as supplemental or Sean-Philips Oriyano's CEH v8 Study Guide with ITPro.TV videos as supplemental. For test simulation, I really liked Skillset and Boson.
  • Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased the CISSP version a while back and have downloaded several of the others recently (to check them out), and they all are complete garbage. The really sad part about this is that the design and functionality are pretty cool, but the actual information horrible. I've been using the app gFlash+ which allows me to write my own flashcards in excel (or google docs) and upload/share them via google. It's pretty cool because you can make your own flash cards, and even has a function to turn them into multiple choice questions.
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the difference between the free and paid version?