Options

Starting WGU - M.S. IT - Management degree

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
Starting my WGU progress thread as I'm starting my Master's degree tomorrow. I am doing my major in IT Management. So here we go... I am hoping to finish it within 12-15 months from start to finish assuming I have no major issues with Taskstream... I will post updates as I go through the program so I can share any information I can with other students in the degree plan or that are considering it in the future.

Courses:

-Risk Management
-Current and Emerging Technology
-Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance
-Technical Writing
-Power, Influence and Leadership
-Advanced Networking Technology
-Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response
-Information Technology Management
-Technological Globalization
-MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project
-MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gif Good luck dude!
  • Options
    clintoniaclintonia Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck and keep us updated!
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    Good luck! Hopefully I'll jump back in within a month or so.
  • Options
    Submitting my Risk Management course paper this week hopefully it passes Taskstream... ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Term 1:

JIT2 - Risk Management (In Progress)
    LYT2 - Current and Emerging Technology(Up Next)
    TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool D! I'm most likely going straight into the MS - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance program after my current term. Good luck!!! Not that you need it, I know you're a hard worker. icon_thumright.gificon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Passed on my first submission JIT2 - Risk Management to TaskStream. I'm off to a great start in the first two weeks. Now I'm heading off to see Deadpool. ;)

Term 1:

JIT2 - Risk Management (Complete)
    LYT2 - Current and Emerging Technology(In Progress)
    TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance (Up Next)

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool dude! icon_king.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great Work!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Passed Current and Emerging Technologies now off to Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance. I ended up writing three papers - 20-30 pages in total so much writing... icon_lol.gif I'm off to a great start finishing two classes in the first month. I have finished my first draft for Task 1/4 for Cyberlaw.

Now I can relax for the rest of the weekend!! :)

Term 1:

LYT2 - Current and Emerging Technology(Complete)
    TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance (In Progress)

• Options
    Still working on TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance

I have completed Task 1 after some revision. I resubmitted Task 2 today for evaluation so my fingers are crossed the second time is a pass. I started to draft Tasks 3 and 4. I'm hoping to be done with Cyberlaw by mid-April ideally or the end of the month at the latest. I'm ready to be done with this class and move into Advanced Networking but I plan to take a week or two off once I pass it. I need a break from writing papers.. lol

• Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Still working on TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance

I have completed Task 1 after some revision. I resubmitted Task 2 today for evaluation so my fingers are crossed the second time is a pass. I started to draft Tasks 3 and 4. I'm hoping to be done with Cyberlaw by mid-April ideally or the end of the month at the latest. I'm ready to be done with this class and move into Advanced Networking but I plan to take a week or two off once I pass it. I need a break from writing papers.. lol
    Good luck with Cyberlaw. That was my most hated course so far, and I come from a law background.... It was just terrible. Just gotta put your head down and plow through it.... Don't be afraid to use key words just for the sake of using them. "Defense in depth" has been incredibly useful for me throughout multiple courses so far haha
  • Options
    Task 2 finally passed after a few revisions. I have finished writing Tasks 3 and 4. I'm hoping to get them submitted by the end of the week. :)

The light at the end of the tunnel is near...

• Options
    Submitted Tasks 3 and 4 to Taskstream. I'm hoping they pass so I can move onto Advanced Networking - SJT2. :)

• Options
    May the Taskstream gods smile down upon you.
  • Options
    Task 4 passed and I've resubmitted Task 3 for Cyberlaw to Taskstream after some additional revisions. I've been studying and completing the reading modules in Advanced Networking - SJT2 in the meantime to keep accelerating my pace and moving forward. :)

• Options
    Nice. It's a great idea to study the next course while waiting, it'll definitely keep your momentum going!
  • Options
    Nice. It's a great idea to study the next course while waiting, it'll definitely keep your momentum going!

Yup indeed!! I want to stay on track to finish within my timeframe of 12-15 months so I have to keep pushing and doing what I can to keep the steam going. ;)

• Options
    Task 3 has passed and I'm full steam ahead into my next course in Advanced Networking. icon_thumright.gif

Accelerating this term with three months left to go!!

Term 1:

LYT2 - Current and Emerging Technology (Complete)
    TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance (Complete)
    SJT2 - Advanced Networking (In Progress)

• Options
    Very nice. Three courses done in three months, you can definitely get at least two more knocked out (if not three), and be done in twelve months no problem! Keep it up! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the support and encouragement!! :)

• Options
    Posting an update:

SJT2 - Advanced Networking (In Progress) - Almost completed - The diagrams (labeled) and I'm finishing up the descriptions for the writing portion of the paper for the business scenario. I am planning to have it looked at by the course mentor this week. Afterwards, I will send it to Taskstream by the end of the week. Hopefully, I will be done by the end of the month!!

LZT2 - Power, Influence and Leadership - Started reading the modules and familiarizing myself with the content. It seems fairly straightforward from what I have read. I plan to start at the beginning of July. I won't add it to my current term which ends in July but I can make huge progress towards completing the class when my second term begins...

• Options
    Sounds like things are going well!
  • Options
    Term 1:

LYT2 - Current and Emerging Technology (Complete)
    TFT2 - Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance (Complete)
    SJT2 - Advanced Networking (Complete)

All the courses for my first term are completed. Also, I'm a month ahead of my term schedule ending in July as well. :)

SJT2 - Advanced Networking is finally complete after some slight additions to my diagrams and the task writing revision.

LZT2 - Power, Influence and Leadership - Almost completed reading the modules and familiarizing myself with the content. I started drafting the papers and presentation tasks for the course.

• Options
    Nice, sounds like things are going well! Keep it up!
  • Options
    My second term courses:

-Technical Writing
    -Power, Influence, and Leadership
    -Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response

Actively, working on both (LZT2) - Power, Influence, and Leadership and (FXT2) - Disaster Recovery, Planning, Prevention, and Response since I have a month to spare before I start up again. Hoping to get them drafted and ready for submitting or at a minimum drafts with some slight revisions.

I am hoping to accelerate one or both of these classes into my next term with my pacing... :)

-Information Technology Management
    -Technological Globalization

So then my last term would just be my Capstone and Oral Defense or as I see it my final exam

-MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense

• Options
    usman4673usman4673 Member Posts: 115
    Wow! Keep up the good work. Very inspirational pace!

I have a question: Why did you opt for ITM over CIA for your Masters? You are a very sound technical person, I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Not trying to steal your thread. If you want, you can delete my reply here and PM me. I am sure, many people face the same dilemma of "ITM or CIA" once they graduate and like WGU.
  • Options
    Passed LZT2 - Power, Influence, and Leadership!! I have been working on Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response while awaiting my results from other papers!! I plan to knock this course out in 2-3 weeks ideally. :)

@usman4673: Thanks for the compliments it's much appreciated!! So I chose the ITM over CIA program becuase while I love the technical side of IT I also wanted to move into the management side simultaneously. I wanted a role that suited the best of both worlds: business and technical. I want to create new solutions and help lead businesses into becoming more dynamic and scalable. I enjoy being a leader and encouraging and supporting others in a facilitative manner. That and I am ready for a nice pay bump!! :)

• Options
    Awesome, looks like you're on track to accelerate those last couple classes into this term! Keep it up!