Options

Starting WGU - M.S. IT - Management degree

Comments

• Options
    dmoneyge3kdmoneyge3k Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the progress!!! We are all rooting for you. I am getting closer to the tail end too. So excited. How was IT Management and Tech Writing? Those are practically my last classes besides the capstone! I am hoping to finish in a year total (May/2017). I want to try and get Tech writing or IT Management done by the end of the month. Which one would you suggest doing first? Hopefully my Task 4 from Cyberlaw passes with breeze. That was a difficult one.

Courses-

Complete-
    -Risk Management
    -Current and Emerging Technology
    -Power, Influence and Leadership
    -Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response
    -Technological Globalization

In Progress-
    -Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance (Finishing Task 4 now)
    -Advanced Networking Technology (In Progress)

Remaining to graduate-
    -Technical Writing
    -Information Technology Management
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense

Started: June/2016; Expected graduation: May/2017
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Submitted Tasks 1,2, and 3 for review by my course mentor for MBT2 - Tech Globalization. It helps I had them prepared for in advance before going on vacation. My goal is to have them prepared and ready for submission to Taskstream for my final term starting on Feb 1st. I also finished drafting for the MS ITM - Capstone Written Project submitting my idea proposal abstract for review. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    @dmoneyge3k: I would suggest doing Tech Writing before IT Management. I enjoyed IT Management and Tech Writing was not bad but long to complete. I had a lot of fun with the IT Management course. It was much more stimulating. Cyberlaw was a frustrating/challenging course. It was probably the hardest course for me of my entire degree program. My fingers are crossed for you on that last assessment.

How hard/challenging did you find Tech Globalization?

Thanks for the support I'm excited planning to be done by end of March/end of April. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    My final term started today submitting my Tasks 1-3 for MBT2 - Technological Globalization this week. I got my Capstone idea/abstract approved by the course mentor so that I can begin drafting the Capstone. :)

• Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My final term started today submitting my Tasks 1-3 for MBT2 - Technological Globalization this week. I got my Capstone idea/abstract approved by the course mentor so that I can begin drafting the Capstone. :)

Go get it
    Make an example out of yourself for the rest of us :)
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    mzx380 wrote: »
    Go get it
    Make an example out of yourself for the rest of us :)

Thanks buddy hope I continue inspiring you and others on TE!! :)

• Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like you're gonna pull ahead of me again. :) I've been held up on working on MBT2 Task 1 (my last task for the course). I was hoping to have it ready this weekend, but apparently things don't always run smoothly at work. Perhaps by the middle of next week I'll be on the doorstep of the Capstone.
  • Options
    Tasks 1 and 2 passed and completed for MBT2 - Technological Globalization!! Task 3 needs revision but only on some minor grammar/articulation issues. This should only take me about a day or so to knock out and resubmit it. I'm just glad I got all the content correct and don't need to revisit that.

Capstone Proposal I've made some major progress. I've almost completed my first draft for Taskstream. I'll need to review it and add any references but the bulk of it has been written.

I'm pushing through God give me strength to finish the good fight!!

• Options
    dmoneyge3kdmoneyge3k Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great Job!!!! Nice job with MBT2. That class wasn't too bad for me. Many people said it was difficult but for me it was just nit-picky and specific. I had my TFT2 returned to me but I resubmitted and passed!!! It’s encouraging seeing you push through! I am trying to finish in 1 to 1 ½ years as well! 3 classes and the capstone left by end of May. Whew. Any encouragement is much appreciated! I am excited to see you finish up! How is the capstone so far?

Courses-

Complete-
    -Risk Management
    -Current and Emerging Technology
    -Power, Influence and Leadership
    -Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response
    -Technological Globalization
    -Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance

In Progress-
    -Advanced Networking Technology (In Progress)
    -Technical Writing

Remaining to graduate-
    -Information Technology Management
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense

Started: June/2016; Expected graduation: May/2017
  • Options
    I just started writing the Capstone Proposal which is the first part. It is two parts in total: Proposal and Written Project. So far it is not too bad. I enjoy that I am writing on something that I want to write about and there is more flexibility in approaching the task. :)

• Options
    MBT2 - Technological Globalization Task 3 has passed!! I'm at the end of the road with the Capstone being the final boss!! #Hallelujah

• Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    sounds like you will beat markulous ! Congrats! Must be an exciting feeling!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    Yup I can't wait to be done with school. So, I can pursue other passions and some certs I had to put on hold. :)

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck, and keep up the excellent work! I hope to finish my MS degree some day, circumstances allowing.

Please let us know how the oral defense part goes. I was always curious about what that entails and how "difficult" it is.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Capstone Proposal has been written. I will be sending it off to the course mentor early next week for a review so I can make any necessary revisions/changes to the submission. Afterwards, it is off to Taskstream.

I'm planning to have it knocked out by the end of the month and move into drafting the Written Project part of the Capstone. The Capstone is two tasks: Proposal and Written Project. :)

• Options
    TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    I wonder why you're taking your sweet time with all this.
  • Options
    I wonder why you're taking your sweet time with all this.

I have several different time commitments to other areas of my life ongoing such as church and having a healthy balance is important for me. Also, I was going back and forth on how deep I wanted to build out my Capstone for quite some time so that took up some time in my planning stages. I ultimately decided to keep it simple. ;)

• Options
    Another progress update I finished writing my Capstone Proposal. I'm having it looked at by the course mentor again for a second revision. I have already started the Written Project aspect of the Capstone. I have started my network diagram, Gantt chart, and writing the document. The Proposal will be sent off to Taskstream once I get the feedback from the capstone mentor.

• Options
    Capstone Prospectus/Proposal passed on Taskstream after some minor revisions which took me no time at all to get cleaned up. :)

-MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project - In Progress (Task 1- Complete, Task 2- In Progress)
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense - In Progress

All that remains: Capstone Written Project - Task 2 and the Oral Defense

#PraisetheLord, #TheFinalBoss

• Options
    Nice work, man. I'm hoping to have my prospectus ready to submit by the end of next week. I decided to switch topics about 12 pages in due to lack of interest, so I'm playing catch up to get back where I was this past Saturday.
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting thread, I kinda like the way WGU works.

I just completed my MS in Info Systems through a diff university, did half online and half in class. It was an 18-month program, I'm pretty damn burned out after it and really want to take time off but it's not a good time to do that right now. Working 2 remote contracts and building a startup while doing a full-time MS program is a pain in the ass... take my word for it!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Options
    It's a great school and very flexible has met my needs time and time again!! :)

• Options
    Finished writing my Capstone Written Project between 40-45 pages in total. I also am submitting technical documentation, network topology map, Gantt chart, and project timeline. I also finished preparing my Oral Defense so I will be preparing for that by practicing my presentation while I wait on Taskstream to grade my Capstone.... :)

Sooooo close

• Options
    Capstone Written Project passed!! It's time to schedule my Capstone Oral Defense :)

Courses:

-Risk Management - Passed
    -Current and Emerging Technology - Passed
    -Cyberlaw, Regulations, and Compliance - Passed
    -Technical Writing - Passed
    -Power, Influence and Leadership - Passed
    -Advanced Networking Technology - Passed
    -Disaster Recovery Planning, Prevention and Response - Passed
    -Information Technology Management - Passed
    -Technological Globalization - Passed
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Written Project - Passed
    -MS, Information Technology Management Capstone Oral Defense - In Progress

Passed on first submission YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

#GlorytoGod, #FutureWGUgraduate, #greatnessawaits

• Options
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Let us know how the oral defense goes.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    I definitely will hoping to get it scheduled this week preferably!! Otherwise next Monday or Tuesday for sure. :)

• Options
    The Oral Defense was pretty straightforward. They have you go on camera for a quick ID verification then you do your presentation from Adobe Connect. You get to host the presentation from your computer. My presentation was clocked in at around 25-30 minutes. As long as you cover all the topics you should be go to passing the assessment.

They didn't ask me any questions. I assume because I was very thorough.. icon_lol.gif

I should know the results within a few hours!! :)

• Options
    IdRatherNotIdRatherNot Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey man Ive been following your thread and I also have an associates in Network Administration. Did a good chunk of your credits transfer from your previous college? I am currently in the works in enrolling into WGU but don't know sh@t about it. Any advice?
  • Options