Options

Scheduled the 210-260 for this Friday.

mackenzaemackenzae Member Posts: 77 ■□□□□□□□□□
Going to find out exactly how well I can do this Friday 2/5.

Wish me luck!icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice, wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    AMD4EVERAMD4EVER Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Woohoo! Good luck :)
  • Options
    So I passed with a 870 which I'm not sure how I managed that. Lets just say its a bit infuriating that one pays Cisco $250 to have a test that has at least 15 questions if not more with more than just a little grammatical typo. Also their simulator is the most horrid piece of testing technology I've had to test on.. Bugged to high hell and didn't even work well enough to complete half the scenario. Very disappointing from Cisco. That being said any advice i can give is that you should be extra prepared for this exam you are going to lose time just fighting with their simulate program to do basic stuff.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man and thanks for the info.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you use anything to study besides the OCG and CBT Nuggets videos?

And congratz!!
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome! It is really frustrating to hear about the problems that exam takers are having with the latest simulations. Even Keith Barker talked about having to submit feedback about this exam in his latest CBTNuggets video series, and they still haven't addressed it. I want to take this exam later this year (before 9/21), but I don't want problems with the simulators to drop my score too much... guess I'll just have to be an expert with all the other objectives!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Yeah, I spent 15 minutes on one sim and it never tested properly.
  • Options
    noahp34 wrote: »
    Congrats! Yeah, I spent 15 minutes on one sim and it never tested properly.

Biggest Piece of Garbage i've seen Cisco make for a test thus far.
  • Options
    Did you use anything to study besides the OCG and CBT Nuggets videos?

And congratz!!

Well Make sure to go through ALL of the documents that Keith puts in the Nugget Files section - I glanced/skimmed all - I should have read some a little bit more throughly. I also pretty much just went down the ASDM and tried to read up on all of the pieces that they said to focus on in the blueprint for the ASA and maybe a little bit more than they needed. I will also echo that the OCG doesn't get anywhere near touching what you would need to know.. I had a few questions that the book doesn't even go anywhere near and I just took an educated guess.
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mackenzae wrote: »
    I will also echo that the OCG doesn't get anywhere near touching what you would need to know.. I had a few questions that the book doesn't even go anywhere near and I just took an educated guess.

That right there is ridiculously frustrating. I'm glad I paid a discounted price for the e-book, but you're definitely not the first person to say this. I've read reviews, and the canned responses I've seen are "The book's blueprints map to the 210-260 exam." I completely understand that the authors can't put exact exam questions and answers in the material, but it should at least go over ALL the technologies that Cisco expects you to know for the test. Especially if you don't have the opportunity to use the technologies at your current job, and you're trying to learn it on your own.

/rant
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! icon_thumright.gif I plan on sitting for this exam next week sometime as well.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sidninjasidninja Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mackenzae wrote: »
    Well Make sure to go through ALL of the documents that Keith puts in the Nugget Files section - I glanced/skimmed all - I should have read some a little bit more throughly. I also pretty much just went down the ASDM and tried to read up on all of the pieces that they said to focus on in the blueprint for the ASA and maybe a little bit more than they needed. I will also echo that the OCG doesn't get anywhere near touching what you would need to know.. I had a few questions that the book doesn't even go anywhere near and I just took an educated guess.
    when you refer to the blueprint, what do you mean? :) just for clarity sake
    Always keep learning and have a positive attitude - never be rude or insulting and you will be blessed.
    Have faith in God and you can't go wrong.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn if you want - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidbloodsaw/
    :cool:
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    sidninja wrote: »
    when you refer to the blueprint, what do you mean? :) just for clarity sake

On the Cisco site for each certification there is an exam blueprint that outlines exactly what is covered in each exam. For example: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/security_ccna/iins-v3/exam-topics
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    sidninjasidninja Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thought so - that is what i use each time :)
    Always keep learning and have a positive attitude - never be rude or insulting and you will be blessed.
    Have faith in God and you can't go wrong.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn if you want - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidbloodsaw/
    :cool:
  • Options
    cpsnowmancpsnowman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sitting for the 210-260 for the 3rd time today!! The first time I went in and thought I was prepared... between my lack of preparation and also the low quality of the exam and the sims, I failed. I did open a case with Cisco Certifications and they ended up giving me a voucher after a number of weeks. I then reviewed and studied a lot more for the second time and I anticipated taking that one shitty sim on NAT and inspect ICMP again... And of course, the same exam failed both times.

My 3rd attempt is today at 2pm and I'm a little less stressed out and am ready for it. I hope I can pass because my CCNA R/S expires mid April...

I'll comment back here later with the results!

\m/

"What would you do differently if you knew you were going to be breached?"
  • Options
    cpsnowman wrote: »
    I'm sitting for the 210-260 for the 3rd time today!! The first time I went in and thought I was prepared... between my lack of preparation and also the low quality of the exam and the sims, I failed. I did open a case with Cisco Certifications and they ended up giving me a voucher after a number of weeks. I then reviewed and studied a lot more for the second time and I anticipated taking that one shitty sim on NAT and inspect ICMP again... And of course, the same exam failed both times.

My 3rd attempt is today at 2pm and I'm a little less stressed out and am ready for it. I hope I can pass because my CCNA R/S expires mid April...

I'll comment back here later with the results!

\m/

"What would you do differently if you knew you were going to be breached?"

I slammed them hard in the comments on that Sim. That is probably the poorest quality Cisco exam i've taken thus far. Its almost like they don't really care about their security track anymore.. the CCNA Sec:OCG book is crap, the test is crap, no books for the CCNP: Security exams now for 2 years.. its like the middle dirty stepchild they obviously neglect.
  • Options
    cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There was a link on reddit where someone posted they were going to update the 210-260 soon because of all the sim errors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ccnas/comments/4ckcld/210260_exam_update/
  • Options
    cpsnowmancpsnowman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good news! I passed with 880! The NAT sim finally worked but was clearly still buggy. A couple of thoughts on that sim:
    - The outside PC's web browser does not refresh, so I would navigate from the public IP that was correct to an IP that was no... so that way I at least new that my HTTP GET was being sent. Unsure if the Refresh buttons works at all.
    - In the ASDM it says ASA version "100.x" but it is something above 8.3. The Object needs to be defined for the internal IP address and the translation needs to be static and with the public IP address value. Then the ACL should allow HTTP from any to <Private IP>.
    - The ACL screen is buggy - You can add a rule that allows tcp/http in for the <private ip> and if you go in to edit it later, the action changes back to DENY. Also, both the global ACL (deny) and the ACL (outside_in, essentially) with the PERMIT tcp/http statement both increment hitcounts... which is another way of knowing if the Outside PC is even generating the request to the DMZ server.
    - The inspect ICMP always worked well... pings should succeed.

I bet that if I didn't stick with that sim and get it working that I would not have passed... I was 3 for 3 in getting that sim.

Some of the questions had a very strange way of asking some things and many questions are vague. Hopefully the update (see @cpartin's link to reddit) will fix some of these problems.

Good luck to everyone taking it!

Chris
  • Options
    gzerogzero Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have failed this exam 3 times, with an 840 the last 2 times. I have never been able to get the NAT sim to work. I just read about having to create a second ACL to allow the traffic back out - Interface: DMZ, Action: Permit, Source: Any, Destination: Outside interface (or in this case the address you would use to hit the web server), Service: tcp/http. Can anyone confirm that this is the solution to this very buggy sim? Keith Barker does this exact lab but does the NAT rule differently by creating an object for the web server and the outside interface. He didn't have to create 2 ACL's.
  • Options
    aandreyyaandreyy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi

maybe you can provide more detail info about sims in exam. Hoe many them are included?
    As i understand one of them is with nat/dmz/icmp inspection? Other one with ACL?