Options

Failed with 725 score... Best CCNA Exam Notes book?

pally_21pally_21 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have just failed the exam 640-801 exam, i got 725.. with the use of the sybex 4th edition book...

what is the best exam prep book available...Is KP-Lab.com book any good... what other books are there?

i dont want to get more than 1....

my score was as follows
technology 64%
planning and desinging 81%
troubleshooting 52%
implementation and operation 50%

I am soooo gutted, my time managment was very poor....

thanks

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pally_21 wrote:
    my time managment was very poor....
    icon_sad.gif Shake it off and move on!

Time management can be fixed next time -- so you learned something by taking the exam. You will know what to expect from Cisco exams next time -- so you should do better. Oh, and if this was your first certification exam ever, you still did pretty good.

And of course, you should hit the books some more icon_study.gif

How much hands on practice did you do? Routers & Switches? Simulator?

How did you feel after the exam sims? Do you think you got them? Those are probably some big points.

What about subnetting? Hey, does someone have that subnetting practice site URL handy? icon_confused.gif:

Good luck -- in advance -- for your next try! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Joe A.Joe A. Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pally_21 wrote:
    I have just failed the exam 640-801 exam, i got 725.. with the use of the sybex 4th edition book...
    what is the best exam prep book available...Is KP-Lab.com book any good... what other books are there?

Don't give up. You'll be ok. Actually you score is 100 more than my first try. Your exam experience is better than any kind of preparation.

I am just a little lucky than you today. I passed it.
    I also failed at the first time. Not paid more attention to CCNA when preparing, cause confused with unfamiliar real question types, then time became big issue. I posted message here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12833
    I reviewed what did before and restarted preparing at the same day.

From posting, much more people mentioned sybex 5th edition book, I have it but didn't use, it should be a very good material. I also recommend cisco INTRO and ICND books, and CCNP NetSim for lab practice.
  • Options
    pally_21pally_21 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks for the good very helpful advise....

i actually wasnt prepared to take on the day... when got off the tram i didnt even know where the place was so i had to phone them...not good

then my passport was out of date by 1 year so that became a issue but ehy let me do it..

I do think that i didnt feel very good after the simlet and testlet.. it came too early in the exam for me.... i only have a 2501 router that i barely used...I think my subnetting is ok though

as for the books i think i may get the cisco stuff this time...

does anyone know how good relavant the testout stuff is?? and finally last question.

theres alot of router, network etc simulators on ebay for £anything from £5 to 50... are these any good if so which ones...

again thanks guys..
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hoaiducle is no more...
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Oops! I guess hoaiducle isn't aware that we don't condone the use of that product on this forum.
  • Options
    MakkonMakkon Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Silly question on Intro and Icnd,,,are these the Cisco Press
    packaged ones for the 640-821 and the 640-811
    or are they the older ones published in 2004 ..those seem to
    a bit more expensive .....or is there any difference between
    them at all ?????

I was going to take the 2 part exam , but after reading these forums
    have decided to go for the single exam. I am a Telecomm guy,
    Have CTP , A+, what you all think of best course of action ?

Thanks
    Makkon