Attempting two exams

SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
Currently preparing to take on the 70-687 and 70-688 but was thinking of studying for the ICND1 10-101 since I've been reading that it's not a terribly difficult exam. For anyone that have taken these exams do you think this is doable within a 6 month time frame, or should I simply just focus on the two Microsoft exams and focus on the CCENT independently?
Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCENT should be a walk in the park if you already have N+. Lots of overlap I'm sure.
  • goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    {REMOVED QUOTED REPLY}

Actually, not so much. N+ is a groundwork of networking theory, the CCENT is a groundwork of *Cisco* networking. There's a difference. CCENT you need a fundamental understanding of Cisco hardware and its technologies. There was no real subnetting work in the N+ (I took it in 2010, so it may have changed since), but there was plenty in the CCENT. The CCENT included things like OSPF and BGP, neither of which were mentioned in N+. I could go on, but my point is that the CCENT is great for learning about Cisco networking, but the Network+ gives you the foundation for network theory.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Ede890Ede890 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well not bgp that's not till CCNP atleast......more like spanning tree, OSPF single areas and subnetting........mostly subnetting which is a ***** till you the hang of it
    goatama wrote: »
    {REMOVED QUOTED REPLY}

Actually, not so much. N+ is a groundwork of networking theory, the CCENT is a groundwork of *Cisco* networking. There's a difference. CCENT you need a fundamental understanding of Cisco hardware and its technologies. There was no real subnetting work in the N+ (I took it in 2010, so it may have changed since), but there was plenty in the CCENT. The CCENT included things like OSPF and BGP, neither of which were mentioned in N+. I could go on, but my point is that the CCENT is great for learning about Cisco networking, but the Network+ gives you the foundation for network theory.
  • certsmatecertsmate Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for this info, this is something I've been seeking for quite a bit.