Options

Testing Friday isc flash cards ?

destroy8383destroy8383 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am testing Friday and doing the studying of the last few days. I was wondering how useful the ISC official flash cards are?

There is a option for test mode some of the questions are way different then cccure, sybrex and other test engines I have came across.

Thanks for any help I read these forums a lot and it is a big help I will do a detail write up after the test

Comments

• Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the official (ISC)2 flash cards within the Quizlet app. I really liked the Matching game in the quizlet app and believe it did help some for me on the test.

Just make sure you grab the official ISC flashcards in the Quizlet App, there's a deck for each domain.
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I made my own flashcards using the Mnemosyne project Download | The Mnemosyne Project.

They helped me tremendously. Not sure I would've passed without using them. I passed it in 2014, but I think the concepts are still there. If you would like a copy of them once you have downloaded the software, send me a PM, and I will send you the link to my google drive where they are. They are all tagged by domain and subject.

Good luck,

Breadfan
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    cledford3cledford3 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I feel the ISC flashcards are a waste of time and woefully incomplete.
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found that most flashcards I saw weren't that great so ended up making my own. I think making your own is still the best way if you have the time and inclination to do it. I ended up writing a post about what I think the most important points are in terms of generating effective flashcards here: https://www.cyberonthewire.com/cissp-flashcards-why-you-need-them/

I passed first time and I know that having a decent set of flashcards and using them was part of the reason. I saw somewhere else on this site that people didn't think that the exam was about knowledge. I disagree with this, there aren't any problems to solve or things to 'work out'. It is one of the most knowledge based exams I've taken and that means you need to know the material!
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Sybex online flashcards were helpful to me. They came as a bonus when buy the Sybex ISC official study guide.