Options

What antivirus or protection do you use?

EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Genuinely curious to see what people here use as an A/V solution for their home PCs?

I use Bitdefender with Malwarebytes.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't use anything on my Linux box, though I hardly use it these days. I use Norton Security Suite for my Macs and PCs(it comes free with my ISP subscription).
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bitdefender and Malwarebytes. I also lock down my browser (Malwarebytes anti-exploit, Web Of Trust, Privacy Badger, Adblock Pro, NoScript Suite) and use ZoneAlarm firewall.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    DollarhydeDollarhyde Member Posts: 111
    I use almost everything the same as stryder144 for web except the Malwarebytes anti-exploit, but I will definitely check that out and buy a premium version soon. I use Kaspersky and Malwarebytes premium, I feel that Kaspersky is more powerful than Bitdefender.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Panda free and MBAM. MBAE has many false positives in my experience.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    techfiend wrote: »
    MBAE has many false positives in my experience.
    Could you elaborate on that please, I really want to know more about that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sophos cloud or FortiClient
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nod32, AVG, or ClamAV. I run ClamAV on my lab servers and on any Linux server that allows users to put files on it.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    FrankThFrankTh Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Emsisoft antimalware and malwarebytes. For the Linux, comodo antivirus. A scan online at times with nod32.
    always clean.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i have the paid versions of MBAM and MBAE. I never experienced a false positive at home. At work we have had a few with MBAE.

I recently tried a multitude of home antivirus products. Panda, F-Secure, ESET, Trend, McAfee. I actually liked ESET the best, but when i got a new pc, it came with 2 years of the full McAfee suite, so I'm using that
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    On my windows 10 rig I use AVG. On my ubuntu laptop I don't use anything.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just use Windows Defender because I really only use my Windows machine for gaming. I kinda do everything else on mobile now a days.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been using Avast for several years.
    +
    No Script and Adblock plus on Firefox.
  • Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    FrankTh wrote: »
    Emsisoft antimalware and malwarebytes. For the Linux, comodo antivirus. A scan online at times with nod32.
    always clean.

You scan online?! icon_surprised.gif

I use nothing on my cent os box, windows 10 box has premium malwarebytes and kaspersky 2016. My mac has sophos. Browsers all use Ublock, Adblock, disconnect-me search, ghostery and a few other apps to help stop trackers/ads etc.
  • Options
    clintoniaclintonia Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been using Kaspersky (Antivirus) for years and it works great. I also like their recovery disk feature where you can make a bootable ISO/USB and scan your computer for malware/trojans just in case its malware that can't be effectively removed while the OS is running.
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kaspersky also
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dollarhyde wrote: »
    Could you elaborate on that please, I really want to know more about that.

Maybe "many" isn't the correct word but MBAE has had me working lately. Last week MBAE blocked clean downloads, this week it's blocking printing in acrobat pro.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    I will give it a try. Of it interferes too much, at point where I spend more time troubleshooting it, I will remove it, so far seems good.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have several PC's, most are running Bitdefender. Some are running MBAR/E, and/or EMET. Mobile devices have either Bitdefender or Avira.

More important than a product name however is ratings and reviews of it's performance. Every year I re-evaluate the products and see what is performing the best in a host of tests. Obviously for me the main concerns are detection, removal, FP rate, and performance.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Avira (with Guard turned off), Malwarebytes, and TrendMicro.

Then I do weekly scans with TDDS Killer, Stinger, and ComboFix.

But I do a **** ton of Torrenting, last year along I did close to 1 TB of downloads, 1.1 PB upload ratio since I started. icon_wink.gif

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Kaspersky and AMP. I have a sweet lil' 5506-X running at home on FP v6.0 and I've tied AMP for Endpoints with AMP for Network to see the network trajectory of files and I like testing the Threatgrid sandboxing. #nerdgasm.

Technically speaking, you could still have the free version, Immunet, which Sourcefire originally acquired: Immunet: Free Antivirus Software Download and Endpoint Security
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Forticlient across all my computers. I use to run Vipre, but have since moved to free Forticlient as it is just as good, if not better.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    Avg Free, MalwareBytes Free, and CCleaner Free. They work well for me. I've never paid for an AV program, nor do I ever intend to.
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    None,

If you dont invite the vampire into your home, he cannot come in.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    AVG free and malwarebytes
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also use Biddefender + Malwarebytes + CCleaner rarely experienced any problems with this combination.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mitechniq wrote: »
    None,

If you dont invite the vampire into your home, he cannot come in.

You never know, sometimes the vampire comes into your home unexpected I just prefer to be protected when that happens.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    avira..love this product.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use Symantec at home, they use is at work too on the business computers. The Critical systems are scanned with OPSWAT Kiosks every time data is moved between systems. OPSWAT utilizes eight different anti-virus engines to scan each file.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.